By Mike File
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The education app that has EVERYTHING needed for Secondary & Post Secondary students!
School Notes has now surpassed the 50,000 download threshold in its first year on the market!!!! Thanks goes out to all the schools and students who are using this app!
Now Optimized for your iPhone 5 screen!!!
The ULTIMATE note taking app for secondary and post-secondary students and teachers is now available for your iPad and iPhone/iPod. School Notes will help you take notes in MANY different formats that make sense and be fun at the same time.
With the School Notes App you can:
- Set up reminders so you can see when you have tests coming up or when your assignments are due.
- Take daily class notes in the popular and proven effective C-Note format. These notes can be saved to that day's class, as well as printed, or shared with a study partner/group through email or Bluetooth.
- Store video or pictures of labs or lessons with your lesson's notes, including upload teacher made videos or iTunes U content.
- Draw or write on an interactive Note Board which can be projected through your VGA adapter. You can import graphics or pictures in from your camera roll to use as a background or to label. These notes can also be printed, emailed or shared with a study partner/group through an overhead or external monitor.
- Create an audio entry of a lecture or record your own thoughts about the class.
- Write a summary of the lesson or use the dictation assistant if you have the new iPad or iPhone 4S.
- Create Flash Cards for studying or sharing with a study partner/group through a VGA connection or Bluetooth.
All the above can be saved by subject and day on an easy to read calendar for review and studying. You can also use the calendar to return to a previous lesson to add information or modify your notes.
There is also a section where you can save “teacher made” PPT/PDFs to study, or to load your own for a class presentation. These are loaded and saved through you iTunes file sharing features.
All your notes can be backed up to your computer through iTunes File Sharing and to your iCloud so the notes can be accessed on all your iOS devises for studying.
As a bonus, the app provides math and science formulas, as well as a periodic table.
Everything you need for effective notes to enhance your education all in one App!
Note to Users: Please select the “Info Button” on the Homepage and read the User Instructions on “Saving to the Calendar” and accessing the “Review Screen” as well has how to use the other functions of this app. We have put a lot of features in this app that are easy to use IF you read the instructions first. It is very difficult to try an "figure out" how each feature operates. In looking at some of the reviews, some users are not reading instructions before using the app and then deciding to complain that it doesn't work. If you have questions feel free to contact us at www.houseoffile.com.
What's New in Version 2.2
-The app can now be used in the landscape position on the iPad
-Your notes can be edited and emailed from the "Review Notes" screen.
My classes have 1:1 iPads and we require the students to use Cornell Notes. This is the first note taking app I have found that is set up like C-Notes with a note taking field, question fields and summary. Also the flashcards are extremely effective study aids for the students. (Plus, the Bluetooth note sharing is very convenient.) I really like this app for everyday use in the classroom.
I love the fact your app has embraced the cornell method, but there is some
major issues. 1. Things are deleted easy, too easy. 2. Your app does not flow, your flash cards need to be more uniform with traditional formats.
3 You need to make the question area more user friendly and allow more letters to show.
Above all. I need to be able
to access my notes, with something else besides a calendar. It needs folders or notebooks with subjects.
There are many useful features, I don't need install many apps for my study, this app is all I need, great work!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 28, 2013
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 9.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael File
- © 2012 House of File
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.