War of Eclipse
By Game Stew
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Another great game from Game Stew - by DarkDjango
- An excellent follow-up to the quirky Tower of Fortune - by Retr0spective
- Fantastically retro - by Stumpyjay
- Great minimalist pixel art. Sharp looking game - by ForestRayColson
- Gonna buy tower of fortune just because its from the same guys!!!! - by Droskie
- Hard as heck but wonderful! - by Admiral Snackbar
- Just as fun as Tower of Fortune! And just as addicting! - by Juliet M
- Original and fun - by 4ppleseed
- The gameplay is much deeper than what you see on the surface. Can't stop playing!! - by MilkcanRocks
- Very charming and elegant - by Ponder_Rosa
- War of Eclipse is great - by 148Apps, 4/5
- ... a near perfect balance between casual distraction and hardcore game - by AppsHappens
Appstore Customer Ratings
Average rating for all versions: 4.5/5
War of Eclipse is a retro style game that combines timing action, role playing, and adventure elements. You play as a captain who crashed in a battle but is saved by human survivors. As the fight against the aliens wages on you will unveil the truth about the war for the human world.
- One button gameplay that is easy to learn and play
- Retro style pixel graphics with detailed 8 bit art
- Challenge high scores in survival mode and see your ranking in the world
- Detailed tutorial and tips that are available at any time
- 7 air battleships to build and customize, including one ultimate battleship
- 7 endings to discover, see the story and experience the possibilities from different angle
- 35 enemy types to fight; they will shoot, charge, and ambush you, and also bomb your base
- Collect lost data that unveils the history behind the aliens and human world
- Random equipment includes: 20 kinds of parts combine with 50 kinds of abilities and 10 LV upgrade
- Different challenges during the battle, such as avoiding an ambush, battling in a lightning storm, and destroying the falling boss enemies before atmospheric friction burned you
- 20 achievements to conquer!
What's New in Version 1.0.7
- HD graphic support
- Minor bugs fixed
It's always nice to find a high-quality game on the App Store, but this one sets itself apart in two notable ways, one being a combat system that I do not see very often, and done in a way that I've yet to encounter outside this game, the other point is graphics, more specifically color, the game is 99% black and white but, given the story I think it goes quite well and supports the viability of the feeling the game gives off. That said, it is an iOS game and is thereby grindy and a bit frustrating at times, furthermore the story is quite absent for a considerable amount of the game, appearing almost entirely in text logs, which seem to speak more of the past than the present.
TL;DR - great but grindy, buy it
fun at first, hate the cash grab hardness
My first 30 minutes I loved this. But I pretty much saw the next 8 hours of the game in that 30 minutes. I thought that buying my second ship would make it more interesting, but when I got my second ship blueprint, then I had to spend thousands and thousands to build it--I'm still only at 75 percent built. Now 90% of the battles are two easy, and the too hard ones seem impossible where I'm at. It takes too many battles to be able to buy stuff (let me buy the game for a couple dollars, don't make it unbalanced so you can take money later!). There is no variety after an our or so--why am I still playing? I want to see if there are new enemies with a second ship, but I fear there aren't. I still think that "Nameless" is the only ios rpg I liked all the way through.
Fun Times In The Apocalypse
This game has some very unique styling and a very intriguing motif. The gameplay itself lends itself perfectly to one-hand play and has just enough complexity to be interesting to your typical RPG player. The only thing lacking is a narrative and chain of progression to tie it all together. The game consists of one battle after another until you eventually face off against one of the end game bosses. I'd love a sequel that explores this aspect in a deeper way.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 20, 2013
- Version: 1.0.7
- Size: 8.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: GUAN LING WU
- © 2012 Game Stew
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases