Fieldrunners 2 HD
By Subatomic Studios, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The fieldrunners are back! With legions of soldiers and a gaggle of new tricks, they’re ready to conquer the globe. Or so they think! Our top scientists at SubaLabs have built a bleeding-edge arsenal of devastating weapons for any heroes willing to stop these dastardly invaders. Help your people by taking action - DEFEND THE WORLD!
Strategic-Action-Puzzle-Defense has never been this fun and addicting! Defend your world from the invasion by building winding paths out of imaginative, new weapons. Call in airstrikes and set explosive traps to hit the enemies where it hurts. Over 20 new levels span the grassiest fields, driest deserts, sparkling cities, and even an infernal volcano lair! Challenge your mind with the exciting new gameplay styles in Puzzle, Sudden Death, and Time Trial levels. Are you ready to stop the fieldrunners once and for all? Join the defense now!
• Gorgeous artwork at full Retina resolution!
• Tons of levels - countless hours of action!
• 20 unique, upgradable weapons!
• Revolutionary AI with stunning realism!
• Pick the perfect weapons for each battle!
• Air strikes, mines, and powerful items!
• Refreshing game modes, which include Time Trial, Sudden Death, and Puzzle maps!
• Trenches, bridges, and tunnels!
• Elite enemies invade at the most unexpected times!
• iCloud support lets you transfer saves between your devices!
• A tower that launches bee hives!
• Kotaku - Gaming App of the Day
• GameTrailers - App of the Day
• G4TV - Best Mobile Games
• Macworld - Editors’ Choice
• 148Apps - Editor’s Choice
• Slide to Play - Game of the Month
• AppAdvice - Game of the Week
• Chicago Tribune - Game of the Week
• TUAW - App of the Day
• IGN: “One of the best iOS games of 2012”
• Penny Arcade: "This is a game that everyone needs to try"
• New York Times: "At last we have a sequel!"
• G4TV: “You need to download this game immediately”
• TouchArcade: “It will eat your soul and have you thanking it”
• CNET: “You will love this game”
• The Verge/Polygon: “One of the strongest TD games I’ve ever played”
• 148Apps: “The king of tower defense returns!”
• GamesBeat: “Innovating and redefining tower defense”
• Apple’N’Apps: “The best game we saw at E3”
CONTACT SUBATOMIC STUDIOS
• Twitter: @Fieldrunners
• Facebook: facebook.com/fieldrunners
• Web: subatomicstudios.com
• Forums: subatomicstudios.com/forum
• Tech Support: bugs[at]subatomicstudios.com
Everyone here at Subatomic Studios thanks you for playing! Please take a moment to rate Fieldrunners 2.
What's New in Version 1.8
**What's New - v1.8**
• 3 wildly-challenging NEW maps!
• Each new level features a unique music track
• Fixed support for iCloud
• Multiple bug fixes and optimizations
• 1.7: New Boomkin tower promotion, bug fixes, back end updates
• 1.6: Bug Fixes, back end updates, iOS 7 support
• 1.5: Bug Fixes
• 1.4: Added new towers and holiday items
• 1.3: Bug Fixes and new Halloween weapons
• 1.2: Added IAP and new weapons
• 1.1: Added GameCenter and new levels
• 1.0: Launch!
Great Game, Too Many Crashes
This game easily earns 5 stars, but for the distracting and frequent interruptions in play. If you use another app and come back, the sound won't work - which is critical to determine what's coming onto the field while you're working somewhere else. However, the biggest issue is the frequent crashing. DO NOT purchase coins in-game. After about a week or two of play, the game will just completely fail to move past the opening screen. Eventually, you delete and reload the game, however all of the coins and progress that you made are gone. The actual gameplay is inspired and completely addicting - making the erratic functionality all the more frustrating.
crash & loose cash
This was my favorite game for the past year until it started crashing, losing sound and getting hung on one screen. When even an iPad reboot didn't work, I tried deleting and reinstalling the app. The result was that all the $$$ I'd invested in weapons were lost and my bank balance was reset to zero. I emailed product support but the steps they prescribed didn't work. I'm awaiting a second response (were into the third week now). It's the best game, but currently, I'm feeling ripped off. It's really disappointing to watch this happen to subatomic. I thought they'd have better support. If/when they address my issue, I'll revise this review. Otherwise, you'll know they didn't.
Great Challenge, reinstall often
Lots of replay value. The casual, tough and heroic levels keep me coming back for more. Feels good to complete a difficult level.
Be prepared to lose progress when game hangs up during loading screen and then you have to reinstall. It's happened to me several times now. I have read that this is a common occurrence for others as well. It's a shame that the developers can't or won't update program with a patch. I've even done the recommendations suggested on their website. It allowed me to progress further before crashing (yay!). So that is essentially a non-fix.
Purchase at your own risk.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 11, 2014
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 352 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Subatomic Studios, LLC
- © Subatomic Studios, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- 2,000 Coins$2.99
- 7,000 Coins$8.99
- 14,000 Coins$12.99
- 30,000 Coins$19.99
- 70,000 Coins$39.99
- 200,000 Coins$99.99