Trail Tracker GPS - Running, Hiking, and Cycling
By TapTools LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*Featured in AppsGoneFree. Your daily free app resource.*
*Featured in AppHeroes.com.*
Trail Tracker GPS enhances your adventures outdoors. Whether you're biking, hiking, skiing, walking, running, or driving, Trail Tracker will track your entire trip and all kinds of statistics that you can use to analyze it when you're done!
Here are just a few of Trail Tracker's features:
• Easy, intuitive tracking for any type of trip
• Live viewing of trail progress and statistics
• Detailed after-action trail information and interactive graphs
• Spark! Your own personal lightning monitoring system
• Fast sending of coordinates and essential location information in case of emergency
• Trip Planner to help you map out a trip before you leave
• Integrated text-to-speech functionality that allows you to hear your stats and stay motivated!
• Traceable maps that allow you to compete against yourself
• Easy map sharing through email, Facebook, Twitter, and more
• Various export file formats including TTMD, KML, and GPX
• Highly customizable settings for the most refined experience possible
• Terrain maps, floor plans, 3D maps
• Easy map comparison to view and compare multiple trails side-by-side
• Waypoint photo cataloguing to save your photos from the trail
- Trail Tracker is free to download. After one week, you can choose to upgrade to Trail Tracker Unlimited for a one time fee ($1.99 USD).
- Trail Tracker is compatible with all iOS devices running iOS 7.0 or higher, but the GPS features in the app require a GPS unit. You should make sure that your device has GPS capabilities before paying for an unlimited upgrade, as we cannot issue refunds. Please do not hesitate to contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- While continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life, Trail Tracker can track for more than 6 hours without recharging.
What's New in Version 4.05
Trail Tracker 4.05 addresses some small issues raised in the 4.0 update. Changes include reduced trail line width, more logical trail coloring, and fixes to iOS 8 interface issues and crashes.
I use this app on the lake. Navigation at night can be dangerous. With the tracking app I can follow my path back and avoid obstacles that are not visible at night. A much cheaper alternative to chart plotters. I also have used this app to document son's driving in order for him to acquire enough hours behind the wheel to obtain his driver's license. As of
August 20 I can not get app to work hoping there is a quick fix.
Terrible "update"! This used to be a really valuable (though battery guzzling) app. No more! Trail Tracker no longer shows TRAILS (let alone trail names and junctions). Just roads. When I went hiking today, it showed the path I'd taken -- but it looked like I was hiking through a trackless desert. USELESS! The previous version would show every trail and its name, even in a small regional park. Is this because the app has moved from Google Maps to Apple maps? When will Trail Tracker fix this? If not, can someone recommend a trail tracking app that actually shows, you know, trails?
Nice, but could be better
It was initially a little difficult to navigate the app, but not bad once I got use to it. I love the details it keeps, but I wish you could see it with google earth overlay. Right now it just shows my hike history on graph lines. Not too good when I want to know how close I am the a river, road, or other point of interest.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Sep 09, 2016
- Version: 4.05
- Size: 9.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Eric Mitchell
- © 2016 TapTools LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.