Concepts: Smarter Sketching, Design & CAD for Architecture & Illustration
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ACCURATE, INTELLIGENT DRAWING AND DESIGN - APPLE BEST OF 2013
Concepts combines the precision of technical drawing with the elegance and style of artistic sketching. Use an infinite canvas, flexible multi-touch shape guides, after-the-fact stroke adjustments, and powerful export options to bring all your ideas to life. It's the smartest, most flexible sketchbook ever.
DESIGN WITH LINES
Precision Mode brings the power of CAD to your sketches. Use flexible multi-touch Shape Guides for creating perfect lines, arcs, angles, ellipses, and rectangles; perfect for layout and perspective, creating structure, and anything you'd use a ruler for. Snap-to Sketching - like auto-complete for drawing - enhances your accuracy, while Scale and Measurement do the math for you.
Your ink never dries. Select individual strokes or groups with a long-press, then move, stretch, straighten, or change the ink weight and color. Create objects and make copies. Delete individual strokes. Enjoy infinite layers. Concepts is designed for exploration and real-world translation of ideas.
Use your favorite Bluetooth Stylus from FiftyThree, Adobe, Adonit, HEX3, Pogo, and Wacom. Export your work to dozens of professional applications for further use or send via email, web link, open-in, and cloud solutions like Dropbox and Adobe Creative Cloud. Concepts exports high-resolution (300dpi+) PNG, vector (SVG), CAD (DXF), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), and standard formats.
IT'S IN THE DETAILS
An interface that melts away. An infinite canvas with sharp zoom and rotation, gorgeous vector brushes with COPIC colors, amazing stylus support, real-scale paper size guides, layout guides and rulers, transparency, graph paper and isometric grids, and unlimited layers. Import images from anywhere for tracing or add text labels. Sketch and design to your heart's content.
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
• Architects, Engineers, Surveyors, and Landscape Designers - enjoy technical precision of shape guides, snap, scaled measurement, and 300dpi+ printable output options + Adobe PSD.
• Product Designers, Makers and Illustrators - sketch with natural vector brushes, tweak at stroke level, then export to SVG or DXF for laser cutting, rapid prototyping and vector workflow.
• Educators - create mind-maps and brainstorm on an infinite canvas, manipulate individual pieces, then present via AirPlay. Perfect for architecture, graphic design, business, STEAM, and more.
• Trace photos and add markup to images in the field.
• Kids love exploring ideas using Concepts' simple interface and cool tools. Learn the basics of architecture and illustration, or design the next rocket to Mars.
• Find your own unique uses — Concepts is a powerful and flexible sketchbook.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
• Award Winning: Apple selected Concepts for the Best Apps of 2013 in 12 countries! Tabby Awards 2013: Best Creation & Design App.
• AneSharoo: "Never before has my finger been mightier than my pencil!!! Creativity has blossomed literally on my fingertips!"
• DADGBE: "...you can sum up Concepts in one word - irreplaceable."
• John: "...the ultimate design tool - the freedom to sketch with the power of vector manipulation."
• Dave: "So much power with a simple, stylish interface. A tool for makers to design and build their dreams."
• Grim: "This is the future in design."
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Our goal is to bridge the gap between your ideas and the real world. Concepts is the design sketchbook that helps you break free from the desktop, and we're around for questions whenever they come up. Chat with us in-app, or at email@example.com.
We're dedicated to quality and we update often. If you experience any problems or have suggestions for improvement, please contact us directly so we can quickly address them!
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Claudine Zafra, Ray Chen, Evan Bronstein AIA LEED GA, Nic Squirrell, and Erica Christensen for cover art!
What's New in Version 3.3.2
A minor update. Unless you happen to speak Spanish, German, Italian, French, or Finnish. Then this version changes everything. We now speak your language. :)
Don't forget to leave a review!
A great app with room for improvement
If you ever wanted to sketch or design anything then this is the app for you!
Some great features this app has are:
1. Undo & redo buttons
2. You can create any color possible by changing the red/green/blue values that makeup the color
3. You can select any drawn lines to delete them, resize them, rotate, change color, transparency, or just move them around the drawing.
4. There are many tools to choose from. (pencil, airbrush, marker, pen, dotted, fixed width, text, and more)
5. You can export drawings as either a JPG, PNG, SVG, DFX, or Layered PSD file.
6. Has great in-app support that will respond to any of your questions within 24 hours or less.
1. There is no "fill in" tool, you must fill in everything manually.
2. The resize/stretch feature only stretches the lines in in two directions, not proportionally. Any major resizing will ruin the original shape of the lines.
3. The drawing sorting interface is hard to move around in with no search options. If you have many drawings it is very hard to find a specific drawing that was made 2 months ago.
4. There are many buttons and settings that can be changed so becoming accustomed to the user interface and all of its feature will take a while.
Has everything I wanted
Best technical drawing app that I could find. I used to make block diagrams and figures for my papers in Power Point. However, Power Point functionality is extremely limited when I have to draw something by hand like human or biological parts. I tried some drawing and sketching apps, they contained a lot of functionality in terms of brushes and sketching tools however, they did not have tools like straight line, curves, boxes etc. May be they did contain them but their free versions and demos did not clearly mention whether functions were contained in the more advanced versions. Also they lacked the cut-and-paste tool which comes in very handy when u run out of space and want to move things around. This happens frequent to non-artists like myself.
A very innovative app
A little about me. 77 year old man with years of various Cad and solid modeling experience. This app is pretty good as is, and in addition has great potential for much more if they continue improving it. I spent 3-4 hours trying to read the manual, and experimenting with the various functions before trying to do any real drawing. It takes a while after that to get everything to be intuitive. However when you get it figured out the speed of making concept sketches is worth it all. (My reason for getting the app). For those with art talent very nice drawings are possible. I would suggest using a pen to better enjoy the App.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 22, 2015
- Version: 3.3.2
- Size: 40.5 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: TopHatch LLC
- © TopHatch, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack$6.99
- Pro Pack [Legacy]$6.99
- Images & Text$1.99
- Precision Toolkit$1.99
- Layers & Adjust$2.99
- Upgrade to Pro Pack$4.99
- Sketch & Color ToolsFree