Concepts: Smarter Sketching & Design
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ACCURATE, INTELLIGENT DRAWING AND DESIGN - APPLE BEST OF 2013
Concepts combines the precision of technical drawing with the elegance and style of artistic sketching. Use an infinite canvas, flexible multi-touch shape guides, after-the-fact stroke adjustments, and powerful export options to bring all your ideas to life. It's the smartest sketchbook ever.
DESIGN WITH LINES
Precision Mode brings the power of CAD to your sketches. Use flexible multi-touch Shape Guides for creating perfect lines, arcs, angles, ellipses, and rectangles; perfect for layout and perspective, creating structure, and anything you'd use a ruler for. Snap-to Sketching enhances your accuracy, while Scale and Measurement let you create accurate representations of anything in your head.
You've never used a drawing app where Pen strokes can be brought back to life with a single touch. Move, stretch, straighten, change the ink weight and color. Create objects and make copies. Delete individual strokes. Enjoy infinite layers. It's as flexible as your imagination.
Use your favorite Bluetooth Stylus from Adobe, Adonit, HEX3, Pogo, and Wacom. Export your work to dozens of professional applications for further use or send to colleagues via email, web link, open-in, and cloud solutions like Dropbox and Adobe Creative Cloud. Now supporting high-resolution (300dpi+), vector (SVG), CAD (DXF), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), and standard formats.
IT'S IN THE DETAILS
An interface that melts away. An infinite canvas with sharp zoom and rotation, gorgeous vector brushes with COPIC colors, amazing stylus support, real-scale paper size guides, layout guides and rulers, transparency, graph paper and isometric grids, and unlimited layers. Import images from anywhere and add text. Sketch and design to your heart's content.
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
• Architects, Engineers, Surveyors, and Landscape Designers enjoy the easy flow and technical precision of the shape guides, snap, scaled measurement, and the 300dpi+ printable output options with Adobe PSD.
• Product Designers and Makers can easily sketch an idea with natural vector brushes, make tweaks at a stroke level, then export right to SVG or DXF for laser cutting and other forms of rapid prototyping.
• Educators create mindmaps and brainstorm on an infinite canvas, manipulate individual pieces, then present to the classroom via AirPlay.
• Use personal photos for layouts, tracing, and visual reference. Add markup to image layers and send them anywhere.
• Kids love exploring their ideas using Concepts' simple interface and cool tools. Learn the basics of architecture and illustration, or design the next rocket to Mars.
• Find your own unique uses — Concepts is a powerful and flexible sketchbook.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
• Award Winning: Apple selected Concepts for the Best Apps of 2013 in 12 countries! Tabby Awards 2013: Best Creation & Design App.
• AneSharoo says "Never before has my finger been mightier than my pencil!!! Creativity has blossomed literally on my fingertips!! Lovely."
• DADGBE says "...you can sum up Concepts in one word - irreplaceable."
• John says "This has the potential to be the ultimate design tool - the freedom to sketch with the power of vector manipulation."
• Dave said "So much power with a simple, stylish interface. A tool for makers to design and build their dreams."
• Grim says "This is the future in design."
HERE TO HELP
Our goal is to bridge the gap between your ideas and the real world. Concepts is the sketchbook that makes your life easier and more fun, and we're around for questions whenever they come up.
We're dedicated to quality, and we update often. If you experience any problems with this release or have suggestions for improvement, please contact us directly so we can quickly address them!
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Claudine Zafra, Ray Chen, Evan Bronstein AIA LEED GA, Nic Squirrell, and Erica Christensen for cover art!
What's New in Version 3.2.1
A few small features and bug fixes:
* New setting that disables grayscale while a selection is active, making it easier to see color and opacity changes live. Find it in Settings under Selection -> Highlight Selection.
* Auto-stroke completion can now be undone.
* Fixed grid scaling with imperial units. Just in time for Star Wars day.
* A couple of rare bugs and crashes have been fixed.
This is our last iOS7-supported version. The new technologies in iOS8 allow us to do some pretty cool things, which we'll start leveraging in 3.3. iOS8 is good and stable - update now!
Use a stylus? You'll love our next update. Want a stylus? See our recommendations at http://concepts.tophatch.com/manual#stylus
If you like these updates, please leave a nice review and/or tell a friend!
Make awesome things!
Experts features, designed in an 'Any Man's', layout. A+ App
I'm a Comm'l Photographer, my market of 20+ years requires precise, awe striking presentations. Not as simple as One would think as, you don't want to show too much, nor too little. This app, and integration w/ Adobe CC, has rejuvenated my professional edge, without consuming hrs of a learning curve. It's the ONLY APP that 48 hrs after d-loading, was a permanent fixture. #1 feature for me is the ability to use -one hand & no fingers just a good*, Stylus- Maybe it sounds frivolous, but it was crippling me in other apps. See 4 Yourself, then for less than $8 unlocks all pro sets, or $2 lets you pick & choose. Thanx Guys your app ROCKS!
I got this app when it first came out and thought it was really neat but then got busy with life and forgot about it. I finally came across a project that reminded me of this app and I opened it to see one of the best app updates I have ever seen out of all the ~3000 apps I own. I am blown away by the details and the thought put into the updated UI and UX. I honestly think you guys should be marked as an Essentials app in the App Store. In fact, I wish you guys were working for Apple, bringing these awesome designs to iOS and even OS X in general! Keep it up guys! Thank you!
A promising mess
Been using Concepts for over a month now and am thoroughly acquainted with all its features. Control is janky and frustrating. Everything takes longer than it should. Text is an infuriating exercise in anger-management. Lack of Fill is ridiculous. Erased lines become objects that remain in the background - a cool idea that unfortunately causes more problems than it solves. The cool color wheel is attractive but annoying to navigate. Everything about Concepts, however, points to a revolutionary change in art on the iPad, but it's just not a smooth enough implementation yet to make it a replacement for anything currently available on the App Store.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 09, 2015
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 24.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TopHatch LLC
- © TopHatch, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack$8.99
- Pro Pack [Legacy]$8.99
- Images & Text$2.99
- Precision Toolkit$2.99
- Layers & Adjust$2.99
- Upgrade to Pro Pack$5.99
- Sketch & Color ToolsFree