Concepts: Smarter Sketching & Design
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Concepts brings professional-level design to the iPad. Bridge freeform sketching with the accuracy of CAD and design parts for a new UAV, create vector illustrations and comics, make mockups and take notes, or design a new hospital. One smart tool, infinite possibilities. Apple Best of 2013.
DESIGNED TO MAKE
Use COPIC Marker's beautiful hand-picked color palette, an infinite canvas, flexible multi-touch shape guides, after-the-fact stroke adjustments, and powerful export options to bring all your ideas to life.
Precision Mode brings the power of CAD to your sketches. Shape Guides give you geometry at your fingertips. Measurement does the math for you. Snap-to Sketching automatically connects end points like auto-complete for drawing. Concepts isn't just accurate, it's intelligent.
You've never used a drawing app where Pen strokes can be brought back to life with a single touch. Move it, stretch it, straighten it, change the ink weight and color. Create objects and make copies. Delete individual strokes. Enjoy infinite layers. Import images from anywhere and add text.
Use your favorite Bluetooth Stylus from Adobe, Adonit, HEX3, Pogo, and Wacom. Connect to Adobe Creative Cloud to import and export images and PSDs. Bring in images from Dropbox, Google Drive, and iCloud Drive, and export back to them. Export to vector-based SVG, print-ready PNG, AutoCAD's DXF format, and Adobe PSD and send them to dozens of professional applications for further use.
SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
Our free version is a really useful tool, capable of classroom notes, creative projects for kids, artistic expression, and beautiful industrial or architectural design. The Pro Pack levels up with features only found in expensive enterprise software at a fraction of the cost. Enjoy continued updates, 24 hour support, and full use of Adjust Mode, Shape Guides, Image Imports, Pro Exports, and more. Visit the in-app store for details.
Our goal is to make you more productive and your ideas flow more freely. Like a superhero. Concepts makes your life easier and more fun, and we're around for questions whenever they come up.
We're dedicated to quality, and we update often. If you experience any problems with this release or have suggestions for improvement, please contact us directly so we can quickly address them!
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Claudine Zafra, Ray Chen, Evan Bronstein AIA LEED GA, Nic Squirrell, and Erica Christensen for cover art!
What's New in Version 3.2
EXPERIENCE (this) UPDATE
Spring is here and we're shedding our old skin. That not only brings a new (yet familiar) look, but a sharper experience that improves on everything we've introduced since 3.0 so you get the flexibility and focus you expect from a professional tool.
Now Easier to Use:
- We consolidated the most used tool options into one menu that's ever-present and ever-useful. No more switching back and forth between Precision Mode, Tool, and Adjust menus.
- More favorite tool spaces (now 5) to save you valuable thinking time. We also added a dedicated selection tool (in addition to the tap-and-hold-anything option) if you're feeling traditional.
- The COPIC color wheel is bright and beautiful, and accessible in context.
- We split off contextual settings into a separate, collapsible menu (called the HUD or Heads Up Display, in the top-right corner). They exist when you need them, but stay out of your way. Things like live measurements, snap, selection preferences, etc.
- Tap any layer to start working immediately, or re-enable “automatic” layer selection in that new HUD.
- Selection is better, thanks to speed improvements and a more intuitive "pin" system that better describes what your options are.
- If you're careful, you can now draw directly on top of the shape guides, which is really useful for starting out at one handle and going to the next (with accuracy).
More New Features:
- Custom brush sizes! Larger ranges! Use a quick slider to change with a preview, or tap-and-hold the button to type in your own size.
- You can fully customize your background color from the Settings menu.
- View Only Mode! Tap the currently active tool to disable it, after which one-finger movements will pan around the awesomely-infinite canvas.
- New training experience. Again. We've also updated our online support (http://concepts.tophatch.com/support) with videos, the manual, picture walkthroughs, and FAQ.
In the Gallery:
- We now display the creation and modified dates (tap to toggle).
- New author and location fields. You can tap either of these to override them with something custom, useful for recording a job site or event for later reference. To enable automatic location recording, tap the crosshairs when editing.
- Added a special “Me” section with some juicy stats, and gives you the option of getting to know us better.
- Big thanks to Adobe for fixing PSD exports.
- We have temporarily disabled import of images from Creative Cloud Market while Adobe works out some gremlins. You can still import anything you've already downloaded from the normal Creative Cloud route.
Make with Ponoko:
If you like to make things, you'll be excited to know we've teamed up with Ponoko: the World's Easiest Making System to laser cut your drawings. The process is iPad-easy: Simply sketch your design in Concepts, upload it to Ponoko, then hold your baby in your hands. Visit http://concepts.tophatch.com/ponoko for more details.
Of course, this wouldn't be possible without your feedback. There are many more changes coming soon, but we thought you would appreciate what we've accomplished so far. Maybe you'll even leave a nice review or tell a friend? :)
- Ben, David, Akseli, and Erica.
I hadn't used this app in awhile but curiosity about the new update inspired me to take a look. The improvement is substantial in terms of both features and interface. The latter in particular raises this app from frustrating to fun. The improved documentation is a big plus. So is the smoother integration with Adobe, though the time it takes in Illustrator to remove superfluous control points, join segments, and otherwise clean up, somewhat detracts from working in Concepts as opposed to a native Adobe app.
The biggest drawbacks are the lack of line-shaping features and a true eraser. I'm encouraged by the direction this is going. Here's hoping that will continue, as there are many things to like about this app.
It a great app to use for perspective drawing and architect can use this to design building plan. There are many useful tool to create straight, curve, and angled line. Variety of color to select. Now in the new update, you can freely adjust brushes size and very easy to use. There are also variety of paper type and size. The layout is beautifully design. Great job!!
Come back from the dead
I was the biggest fan of this app back in version 2. But when version 3 came around, with more powerful features, the UI & UX of this app took a serious nosedive, making it unusable, or at least a pain to use. I can gladly say version 3.2 fixes this, redoing the interface into a truly usable experience. I can finally stop looking for a replacement. Thank you!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 29, 2015
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 24.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TopHatch LLC
- © TopHatch, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack$7.99
- Pro Pack [Legacy]$7.99
- Images & Text$1.99
- Precision Toolkit$1.99
- Layers & Adjust$2.99
- Upgrade to Pro Pack$4.99
- Sketch & Color Tools$1.99