Amount is the most intuitive, lightweight and easy to use unit converter you've ever seen.
Amount let you convert units in a way you've never seen before: with just two tap of your finger you have all the results you're looking for in a single display, side by side.
When you use Amount you don't have to think what are number is and choose from a long list of values which unit assign to it, spending time. Just let it do all the stuff!
• Incredibly lightweight, fast and easy to use.
• Simple graphic and intuitive interface.
• Over 700 units across more than 30 categories.
• Real time conversions in one screen.
• Create your own customized lists. You can change the order as you like and select just the units you want to see.
• View your conversion history log (the history keeps even old exchange rates for currencies).
• Search feature to let find the unit you want and instantly convert it.
• Custom units can be added easily for each category.
Categories Amount can handle: Acceleration, Angles, Area, Clothing (men and women), Cooking, Currency, Data, Density, Electric current, Energy, Flow (mass and volume), Force, Frequency, Fuel Consumption, Illuminance, Length/Distance, Luminance, Metric System, Network speed, Power, Pressure, Radiation, Speed, Temperature, Time, Torque, Typography, Viscosity (dynamic and kinematic), Volume and Weight/Mass.
• Move between screens using swipe gestures.
• Long press any category or unit to see more options.
• Shake the device to change the sorting of category or units (only on iPhone).
• You can change the number directly in the conversion screen by simply tapping it.
To convert currencies is required an internet connection.
Currency and clothing size information are provided only for informational purposes.
If you're going to download Amount, please rate and leave a comment!
And if you have a suggestion don't hesitate to contact me. With your help I can improve Amount even more!
• Fixes iPhone 5 incompatibility.
Ratings and Reviews
Slighted existing customers
Amount 2 is basically the same as this app - just a way to charge again for the same app. I am a Physicist and I can say there are better apps that provide more commonly used units and are also much more accurately used. This app mixes up categories just because they have the same units but have different meanings. Radiation absorbed and then some that should be Radiation effective is a big example. So is the use of the variants of foot-pounds.
I will not buy your new app after you stopped supporting the people who originally supported you hoping to see your app develop. Don't expect people to keep paying for your "new" apps, i.e. Amount 2, Amount 3 and so on and then leave great reviews so you can charge again and again for the same undeveloped app that went nowhere.
Clean interface, Fast conversion
Clean interface and easy to navigate between pages and categories. I like the idea of having all the conversions in a single page instead of choosing only two different units. It's a clever idea to enter the amount when the program starts, too.
But if there was a description of each unit, it would be better. A single line of description to show when we hold our finger on a unit. For example, people would realize the difference between Kilobyte and Kibibyte and not complain about it.
Easy to customize--the units
Out of the eight converters I've downloaded, I found it easiest to remove/add units on this one, because I didn't have to go through settings or menus to find the options.
However, there's not enough customization otherwise. You can change the seconday color of the app (pastel red/purple/blue/etc), but neither the text colors nor the main background color (white) can be altered. In my opinion an unwise decision was made to color the text displaying the units in gray, making them rather difficult to see, especially since the font *size* for the unit text is the smallest in the app.
- Marco Torretta
- 5.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Marco Torretta
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.