Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Descend into the Crossword Dungeon, where every level is made up of a procedurally-generated crossword, and each letter guarded by a vile monster you must best!
Guess the correct letter to instantly dispatch the monster, or risk combat damage if incorrect.
Test your wits against crosswords of increasing complexity and monsters with deadly abilities with one of three classes with their own unique skills:
The Barbarian, a muscled berzerker who lives for the thrill of battle and feeds his rage with the blood of his enemies.
The Ranger, a feared hunter who uses a deadly combination of marksmanship and tracking instincts.
And the Scoundrel, a ne'er-do-well who makes the best of limited resources and subverts enemies' defenses with stealth attacks.
...each in search of riches and glory beneath the Crossword Dungeon.
What's New in Version 1.1.2
Crossword Dungeon v1.1.2 is a content-focused update, bringing over 100 new words, a new monster, better UI feedback, and a few bug fixes.
Here is a more thorough list of the major changes:
- Added over 100 new words.
- New monster: The Kobold.
- Logo slightly tweaked for better readability.
- “You Win” tweaked for better readability.
- “Game Over” tweaked for better readability.
- The player and, if applicable, monster and letter tiles will now jump to better signify when unable to move in the requested direction.
- Tap-holding on Stats and Special Attacks in the Character screen will now pop up helpful informational text.
- Berzerker Rage status now loads properly when continuing a game.
- Hall of Fame now centers properly.
- Monster info on the topmost row and leftmost column now pops up properly.
Good but buggy
The game, it's premise and execution are great fun. Unfortunately, it suffers from a bug that causes permanent freezes to your current playthrough, forcing you to start a new one. No matter how far into the game you are, the deleted character simply ceases to have ever existed.
In a game that is based on leveling up your character and striving for a high score, this is a pretty crushing bug. Would rate it five stars except for this game-breaking issue.
Awesome but buggy
I really enjoy this game. A little more word or class a variety would be cool but it's great just as it is. However it has a show stopping bug. It will frequently go to a black screen when you progress to the next level and when that happens there's nothing you can do to fix it except start a new game. I could easily give this game five stars if it were possible to continue progressing.
Doesn't start when you continue your game
This would be a great game if it wasn't for the game breaking bug that doesn't let you continue your game. What happens is that you boot the game up and then a black screen appears and stays. That's it. So every time you want to play, after your first game, you have to delete the app and redownload it in order to play.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 12, 2014
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 14.0 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Nolithius
- © 2014 Nolithius, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.