Ziner - RSS Reader that believes in simplicity, supports Feedly
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
No ads for the first 15 days.
Most Interesting Features:
- Being fast, super fast!
- Simple and clean.
- Always updated feeds.
- Works smoothly when offline.
- Preloads images smartly.
- Search in starred articles.
- Themes: Day, Sunset, Night.
- Auto readability view for partial feeds.
- List view & Magazine view (iPad only)
- Add/Delete/Rename feed in Setting -> Feedly
- Send articles/images via AirDrop.
- Open articles in Safari, Chrome.
- Share to lots of 3rd-party services. (There will be even more!)
Important things to know:
- Feedly account is required to use Ziner.
- Article tagging is not supported yet.
- You can turn ON/OFF Readability for entire feed by long press on Readability button.
- When in magazine mode, you can exit article by double tapping on an article.
We can not respond to App Store reviews, if you need to report any bugs/feature requests, please use Setting -> About Ziner -> Contact Author. You will receive a reply in 24 hours.
Follow Ziner on Twitter: @ZinerRSS
About Ziner Pro: (Setting -> Upgrade to Ziner Pro)
Ziner is not a free App. You’ll be able to enjoy Ziner without ads for the first 15 days, after that you can choose to show ads or kill ads permanently across all iOS devices by upgrading to Ziner Pro to support continuous development of Ziner.
For Ziner 1.0 paid users and users who download Ziner when it was free without ads:
Ziner implements a logic to detect paid users and free users. If you were actively using Ziner in version 2.0, you are already detected and no ads will appear for you on that device.
However, this logic is not 100% safe,
1, it can not protect itself from a system erasing. (Just erasing Ziner will be OK).
2, if you buy a new iOS device there will be ads.
If one of those conditions is true you'll have to pay another $5 to delete ads permanently. (My apologise!)
I can send $5 to make it up for you if you are a paid user and could provide 2 things to me:
1, App Store receipt email (can be found after you bought Ziner 1.0)
2, a PayPal account.
Or if you’re so happy about Ziner 2.1 and want to buy me a cup of coffee, just buy Ziner Pro, I’ll be very happy too! And do let me know about it, I owe you many thanks!
* There will not be Ziner II or Ziner+ to charge another $5 again. :)
* Ziner Pro only needs to be bought once and can be restored on all iOS devices.
What's New in Version 2.1
New app icon
Add font customization tool: Setting -> Theme. Now you can customize every text in Ziner!
New tint color for Ziner
Pull to refresh in list view
Option to disable image thumbnails. (Setting -> Show image thumbnails)
Option to disable AirDrop, email, message ...
Scroll down in article view to enter fullscreen
Full width image/video in article view
Scroll to next feed/folder in list view
Long press on a link to share it.
Email full articles
Show confirm dialog when mark as read in list view.
Mark items older than 3 days read
Support for HTTPS (Setting -> Feedly -> Use HTTPS for Feedly)
Use Feedly image API to find thumbnails for article
Add share to Buffer
Add support for RTL language.
Fix fail to sync after 7 days.
Fix not syncing over 3G
Fix kept unread items are not protected when perform mark as read
Fix Evernote not share to the default notobook
Fix search feeds show already subscribed feeds
Fix when you're offline Ziner will logout Feedly
Fix a bug that could block all Ziner's network traffic
Fix video won't play in embed web browser
Fix a crash.
Change long press to show mark as read menu from 0.7s -> 0.3s
Change feed menu height, now it sticks with to top edge of the screen.
Change items status sync interval from 30s -> immediately
Change starred item title colour to black.
I've pretty much completely switched over from Reeder. Love this app! A couple items I'd like to see addressed:
- The Readability view seems to squash line-breaks (for ESPN feeds at least).
- No feedback is given when caching. Actually, I'm not even sure caching is happening. The network activity indicator doesn't even show.
- For feeds that have Readability turned on, it would be nice to cache the readability view and any images included.
I really love the cleanness of this app! If these few
Items are addressed I will gladly shell out the $5 for the pro version!
Is the best way to read articles, I just want to make a suggestion. I think it will be better if when there something new the app shows a notification.
Can't sign in...
Update 2/26: When I try to login to Feedly the link to login thru Google is dead.
Original review: The gesture instructions hang (it tells you to swipe but when you swipe the instruction won't go away). I keep having to force quit the app to work through the instructions so I can actually use it.
Once I got past that, I found some of the gestures laggy and some not working at all.
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 26, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 17.9 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Zhao Jian Yin
- © Jay Zhao
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ziner Pro Remove Ads$4.99