By Autodesk Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create amazing 3D printable designs, right on your iPad!
With Autodesk 123D Design you can make your own products, parts, or creations. What you design is up to you.
How it works
* Get started by choosing one of the basic shapes and then edit it to be just what you want.
* Easily connect one shape to another to make more detailed creations. Objects snap naturally to the centers of faces.
* The included parts and example projects are a fun way to play around with design ideas or get acclimated to design concepts.
* Chose from one of the example kits and start building. Each part is editable so you can try out different ideas and make them your own.
* Save your creations to My Projects, where you can easily access them in the 123D Design web and desktop apps.
* Check out projects from other 123D Design users, right in the app. Get inspired by what others have done, or use their shared projects in your own design.
What's New in Version 1.7
1.In place object dimension editing
2.3D printing workflow through service bureaus
3.Saving STL to dropbox
4.New intuitive camera navigation feature
5.Improved transformation performance
7.Other bug fixes and minor features
The only true 3D modeling for touch
There is something truly amazing about designing in 3D with a touchscreen. Autodesk's 123D Design is the only true 3D development software designed specifically for tablets, it's a shame that it isn't being advertised much because it's really one of the most amazing apps on the App Store. Intuitive and easy to use, you will be able to create products, designs or anything else you can imagine with simple multitouch gestures, in a 3D space. You can then export your designs to desktop through the 123D desktop app, or as an STL file for 3D printing.
This is a great update to the previous version. Love the new STL export function, but wish it would work with iCloud Drive as well (instead of Dropbox only).
I look forward to future versions as well (would love to see transparency options, and other features from the desktop app ported on the tablet version).
With a touch interface it's easy to go overboard trying to emulate a desktop modeling program. This app keeps it simple but effective for designing solid models. Look at what it has to offer for a mobile app and not the super nerd technical aspects that are missing and you'll really enjoy it.
It was cool... Until...
I personally found this app interesting, and even decided to put in the effort to build something serious for a project.
There is a tendency for the app to start lagging, but I found that I could fix that by just restarting the app.
However, the app DOES crash. And the second time it did, my saved project magically became a blank canvas. This is strange considering that the save file still shows the image of my work.
I want to love this app. But it needs a lot of improvement, especially with the camera controls.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 16, 2015
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 129 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- 123D Premium monthly membership$9.99
- 123D Premium 1-year membership$99.99
- 123D Premium 2-year membership$189.99