By Autodesk Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create amazing 3D printable designs, right on your iPad!
With Autodesk 123D Design you can make your own products, parts, or creations. What you design is up to you.
Please note that in-app-purchases are not necessary any more.
How it works
* Get started by choosing one of the basic shapes and then edit it to be just what you want.
* Easily connect one shape to another to make more detailed creations. Objects snap naturally to the centers of faces.
* The included parts and example projects are a fun way to play around with design ideas or get acclimated to design concepts.
* Chose from one of the example kits and start building. Each part is editable so you can try out different ideas and make them your own.
* Save your creations to My Projects, where you can easily access them in the 123D Design web and desktop apps.
* Check out projects from other 123D Design users, right in the app. Get inspired by what others have done, or use their shared projects in your own design.
What's New in Version 1.7
1.In place object dimension editing
2.3D printing workflow through service bureaus
3.Saving STL to dropbox
4.New intuitive camera navigation feature
5.Improved transformation performance
7.Other bug fixes and minor features
LOST ALL MY WORK
Crashes crashes crashes.
Awesome 3D design app with a few issues
At the time of writing, I am using version 1.7 on an iPad running iOS 9.2.1. This application is very similar to another application by the same publisher called ‘123D Sculpt+’ in that the function is to give the user a medium with which to create 3-Dimensional structures, objects, creatures, etc. The difference here is that this application does so with multiple different adjustable geometric shapes, as opposed to ‘Sculpt+’s base templates with adjustable branches. Both work well for different situations, but I prefer the system used by ‘Design’. I used this application to create a robot-type creation for a digital arts class, but I did not 3D print it, so I am unable to comment on that aspect of the app, but the creation portion serves its purpose pretty well. It can be tough to adjust the shapes just as you want them, but it gets easier with more experience. One issue I have with this application, however, is the same one ‘Sculpt+’ suffered with, which is the relatively tough camera controls. It can take a little while to adjust the camera to be facing the front of your creation, so it would be nice to have controls to better, more precisely move the camera to specific points, possibly one to bring the camera to a single, unchanging equilibrium point of sorts. Another issue may either be due to the strength of the software, or the strength of my iPad, however, I relatively frequently ran into pretty significant slow down while trying to adjust my creations. Understandably, this issue becomes more prevalent as more assets are placed on the screen. In total, this application serves its purpose well enough, however it would be better suited to smaller scale projects. As far as mobile 3D Design applications go, this is probably my favorite on the App Store, and it’s free, so it’s definitely worth a try for those that are interested in creating this type of art.
This app is horrible, I recommend nobody downloads this app. You'll find it very frustrating and annoying. There are programs much better than this trash.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 16, 2015
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 129 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.