Wheel of Fortune
By Sony Pictures Television
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**IMPORTANT** Wheel of Fortune requires iPhone 4 or newer, iPad 2 or newer or iPod Touch 5th Gen for optimized performance. This app supports iOS 7.
Celebrate over 30 years of Wheel of Fortune - it's a new spin on America's #1 Game show, more fun and easy to play than ever before!
Step up to the wheel and take a spin through a rich Wheel of Fortune experience! With over 1,000 puzzles from show writers and a variety of gameplay modes, you will feel like a real contestant!
• Spin Solo: Test your puzzle-solving skills while Pat takes you through an immersive Single Player story mode that travels back through Wheel of Fortune’s iconic 30-year history. Unlock new levels and avatar items by showcasing your Wheel of Fortune skills!
• Meet Pat Sajak: Take the stage with Pat Sajak as your host! Watch his style change as you travel back through three decades of Wheel of Fortune.
• Spin Together: Challenge your friends and family across social networks and play your games anytime, anywhere with this all-new multiplayer mode. Or, play in person with Pass & Play.
• Show Your Style: Personalize your in-game avatar with tons of clothing and accessory options! Unlock more themed avatar loot to change your look as you progress through Solo Mode.
• Add More Themes: Want even more Wheel of Fortune? Head to the in-game shop to purchase and download more puzzles and avatar items! Dress up like a monster or get ready for a night on the town, then challenge your friends to take a spin!
• Unlock Achievements: Show off your skills and collect Game Center Achievements just by playing Wheel of Fortune! Can you collect them all?
• Universal App with support for iPhone 4 and up, iPad 2 and up, and iPod touch 5th Gen.
We want your feedback! If you have issues, questions, or comments please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to hear directly from you!
What's New in Version 1.3.1
- Skip through opponents’ turns for faster play with an enhanced “Fast Forward” button
- Minor updates and bug fixes
The puzzles on this game are fun in solo and in pass/play mode. However, I think the online version is incredibly lacking. I have just a few questions to pick Sony's brain.
*Why doesn't it assign you an opponent who is actually online? Instead, they just give you a random opponent and you have to wait for them to sign in before you play it.
*Why don't they have (fantasy) prize packages like they do on the TV show? It would make this game more realistic because all this one gives you is money. I used to play an old version of this game for Windows 98 and it prize packages on it.
*I also think there should be difficulty levels on this game. Some of the puzzles are ridiculously easy and I don't think they would even put them on the show.
I've noticed that my game has crashed a few times, and I have a new Ipad air.
This game is fun if you like to multi task in solo mode and are a diehard fan of the show, but it is not fun for those who want to engage in online competition.
Core game is good but...
The core game is good and it plays well but there are some basic issues. Computer players are waaaaaay too easy to play against and English is my 2nd language! Having a few difficulty levels available would make this a much more enjoyable game. Also why on earth is there not an option to mute the sound? Apart from the wrong answer buzzer being annoying this really is the perfect game to play while listening to something else as the sound is totally secondary to the actual gameplay. Would easily give it 5 stars if basic settings were available and the difficulty could be set to an appropriate level.
A good game but my only complaint is that the computer players are too easy. Maybe have an easy, normal, hard, very hard. Not realistic when playing computer. That's the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars.
Also would like to see solo stats like how many wins and losses you have in solo mode along with earnings and you can add other little stats in there too.
Finally, would like to see prize packages on the wheel. Those little tweets are why it's 4 stars instead of 5.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 09, 2014
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 151 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sony Pictures Television
- © 2013 Sony Pictures Television, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Night on the Town$0.99
- Hero Pack$0.99
- School Time$0.99
- Monster Pack$0.99
- Sports Pack$0.99
- Tropical Vacation$0.99
- Independence Day$0.99