SpeechBox is an award winning articulation app for Speech Therapy word practice. An essential tool for children & adults with various speech disorders including: Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS), Dyspraxia, Autism, Down's Syndrome, Stroke rehabilitation, Articulation and Phonological disorders. Designed to be powerful, yet simple enough that you don't need a degree in rocket science to use it.
SpeechBox includes hundreds of engaging colorful pictures in over thirty categories. You can also add your own pictures using the camera, photo library, or Bing image search. If that's not enough, you can download additional boxes containing 700+ images from our Box Depot, for FREE!**
SpeechBox is engaging and easy to use. There are no complex menus to navigate through before being presented with the pictures. You simply tap on a box, and it displays it’s contents. Selecting a picture is fun and easy: move around the pictures and tap on the one you wish to view. When you are done with the picture you swipe it to remove. Pro tip: Shake the iPad to shuffle it's contents!
Our Award Winning Features:
• NEW! Full featured Data Collection and Report Generation**
• Over 700 engaging, high-quality colorful pictures
• The Box Depot - download dozens of FREE additional boxes**
• Add custom boxes with your own pictures
• Bing image search for importing pictures**
• Share Boxes with colleagues, parents & others
• Professionally recorded word prompts
• Record your own custom word prompts
• Create notes for each word
• Parental lock option (hides buttons from little fingers)
• Male and Female voice prompts, in US, UK & AUS English
Check out our overview video at: http://www.speechboxapp.com
** Requires Pro Subscription.
If you're still not convinced, read some of our user testimonials:
“I work with a range of ages, from Early Intervention through developmentally challenged students in high school. And I must say, it has become one of my ‘go to’ tools for many of the children in my practice. I highly recommend it.” - Cynthia James, M.A. CCC-SLP, Midland Park, NJ
“I was able to pick up the app and instantly use it to drill my little girl on all three /k/ sets. SpeechBox worked beautifully and exactly as intended. She enjoyed the pictures and interface. It is the only speech therapy app I have found to be that useful with my daughter. Best speech therapy app I've laid hands on so far.” - Dala, M.A., CCC-SLP (Testy yet trying Blogger, Author)
“Students with Apraxia require such repetitive practice in order to learn the motor movements for speech, making it very important to select words that kids will practically use throughout their day. SpeechBox has done just that. With beautiful pictures and a very thoughtful approach to selecting target words, SpeechBox is able to go beyond your typical articulation app in meeting the needs of children with diverse speech challenges.” - Katherine Kelley, M.A., CCC-SLP (Peachyspeech.com Blogger)
• • SpeechBox for iOS was voted Best App Ever, Special Needs Category for 2012-2013, and Runner-up 2013-2014 • •
SpeechBox now requires a Subscription:
• You may choose between three subscription plans: Basic, Pro and Elite in either Monthly or Annual lengths. Each subscription comes with a 30-Day FREE trial. Existing users of SpeechBox prior to December 1st, 2018 will receive a One Year FREE trial. Plans start at $3.99 USD per month.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
We LOVE feedback! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SpeechBox is now offered as a subscription with a 30-Day FREE Trial. Give SpeechBox a try with no risk! In addition, we fixed an issue with the free-trial, a few crashes, sign-in bugs and re-architected how assets are delivered to the app. See the announcement here: https://bit.ly/2ztuB1k.
Ratings and Reviews
Kids love it!
I bought this app in October, before it changed to a subscription. My preschool kids love picking the pictures then swiping them away. I love the quality photos and the action/ vocabulary options beyond articulation. I had some issues in the transition and Henry has been very responsive and quick to assist. I’d love to see games for categorization using 2-3 of the boxes.
App freezes when opening
Have contacted developer for about a month now and it’s still not working, after updates and installs multiple times on the newest iPad. Poor support, for a paid app.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! - we've fixed your issue with an update! Email us at email@example.com if you continue to have issues.
Content won’t download??!
I just downloaded the app for my son on my phone and the content is not loading! Please help or I want a refund! This was $30!!
Developer Response ,
We’ve submitted a new version that resolves this issue. Can you give it a try after updating? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you continue to have issues.
- Jonah Bonah Learning LLC
- 47.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 The Jonah Bonah Learning Company, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Access Monthly $3.99
- Professional Access Monthly $7.99
- Action Words Box $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.