**Named an "Honorable Mention" by the Webby Awards for an Education & Reference App in 2013**
The Bartlett's Familiar Quotations app gives you unparalleled access to 20,000 quotations spanning almost 5,000 years of art, politics, science, religion, philosophy, and entertainment.
The new edition of Bartlett's introduces hundreds of new voices--from J. K. Rowling and Stephen King to Paul McCartney.
Whether you are looking for quotes from Barack Obama, Shakespeare, or Balzac, now you can find them on the go.
• Search by keyword, topic, author, and publication.
• Share quotes via social media.
• Find the perfect words for any occasion, from the business presentation to the wedding toast.
• Compile and save lists of your favorite quotes.
• Create and share photo/quote mashups using the Quoto(TM) feature.
• Derive inspiration from the Quote of the Day.
• And much more.
145 new quotations and minor enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Not remotely comparable to print version
If you thought you could replace that bulky volume with a convenient app, don't waste your money (or ditch the hard copy, like I did). I'm not even sure that the app is posted on the app store, which would mercifully save some other unsuspecting buyers from this fraud. For example, type in a biblical quote, such as "how have the mighty fallen." A one sentence quote is referenced to "the Holy Bible." Period. No book, chapter, line citation that would allow you to expand the quote, put it in context, or even find it in the original source. This is worse than useless; it is blatent rip off.
Roll Your Own Quotes?
In the past Bartlett's was a good app but it does not appear to run on iOS 10 - it displays only blank pages rather than quotes. Last week I emailed support but have not received any response. Today the app asked me to rate it, but then failed to connect to the App Store so I had to navigate here manually.
Update: I found out that the blank quotes really are there - they show up when using the share feature - but given that they don’t show in the app to me makes the app DOA.
PLEASE FIX THE APP!!!
This app was great when I was able to actually see the quotes. When IOS updated a while ago, the app stopped working properly. Now you can't see the quotes, which makes the app useless. The developers haven't even updated the app in over a year! I would give this app 4 stars if I could actually see the quotes. There is potential here if the developers would actually care to maintain the app.
- Hachette Book Group, Inc.
- 34.9 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Bartlett’s Familiar Quotations copyright © 2012 by Little, Brown and Company Application copyright © 2012 by Hachette Book Group, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.