By Maryna Kolokolkina
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Praised by pros and trainers as the most capable and flexible workout planner and tracker.
• The only app that can handle any routine and workout.
• Organizes your workouts and helps you reach your goals in strength, muscle size or weight loss. It will empower you with knowledge and revolutionize your workouts.
• Featured in The New York Times, Consumer Reports, The Daily.
FEATURES (Everything is included into the base price. The Pro addition is explained at the end).
• 280 exercises with animations and step by step instructions. You can add your own exercises.
• Text, pictures, animated GIFs and youtube clips can be attached to any exercise.
• 54 workout routines. You can add your own routines.
• Flexible tracking system for strength and cardio workouts, circuit training, Tabata or any other workout type. Supports supersets, several workout sessions a day, freeform notes and much more. Workout history is fully editable.
• The workout logging screen is optimized for fast data entry. It is extremely feature-rich. You can copy data from the history, add new exercises, images and videos, start timers - all within this screen.
• Bodyweight and assisted-weight exercises automatically account for your body weight.
• GymGoal calculates your One Rep Max for every exercise.
• Workout history by muscle shows muscles that you neglect.
• Weekly and rotating schedules support up to 4 workout sessions a day.
• Body measurements tracking plus additional custom trackers.
• The best in class Body Fat tracking module includes a calculator, several skinfolds (calipers) methods, direct entry. Tracks every method and individual skin folds, explains results.
• One-rep Max, BMI, BMR, TDEE, Target Heart Rate calculators and progress tracking.
• Automatic two-way syncing of BMI, BMR, Body Fat, weight and height with Apple Health. Export of burned calories to Apple Health.
• Two-way syncing with RunKeeper - both cardio and strength workouts.
• You don't need an Internet connection - everything is stored on your device.
• Ability to back up your data to the server (free), or to email it. You can copy your data between iPhones and other supported devices.
• Workout logs, measurements, routines and the schedule can be emailed for review and printing. Workout logs can be opened in Excel.
• You can compare your results to other GymGoal users.
• 3 user accounts.
The Pro addition enables the following features:
• 50 user accounts.
• Professional volume load and training intensities tracking.
YOU CAN DEPEND ON GYMGOAL
• GymGoal is in AppStore since 2008. It is used by over a million people, from beginners to pro athletes and trainers, and even in schools.
• Many people have 6 years of detailed workout history in GymGoal. Years of history do not slow GymGoal down.
• Updates will not lose your routines, schedule or workout history. Even if your iPhone breaks, you will be able to restore your data from the server backup.
What's New in Version 7.7.1
The following bugs were fixed:
- Strength workouts sometimes failed to export to RunKeeper.
- The schedule always showed that past workouts were completed "2015-02-17 21 days ago".
- When entering workout notes, the buttons to copy-paste previous notes did not work.
- Past workout notes were not displayed in some places.
In the following free update:
- Support for landscape iPad orientation.
- Apple Watch support.
- History for each workout routine (in addition to the combined workout history and history for each exercise).
Good routines. Bad advice
The feature of showing how to perform certain exercises is useful, but much of the advice it gives as far as building muscle, the need to warm-up and stretch (you don't need to warm-up or stretch before a workout, but you do need to warm-up before you stretch), and burning fat is either outdated, not entirely true, or just plain wrong. I thought it would be interesting to try and app that builds routines, but when it comes to giving advice, they should've kept their lips sealed.
Great app but..
I love this app, I can keep track of my routine and my gains but I would like to see some integration with other fitness apps such as Apple Health, Map my Fitness or Jawbone up to really see calories burned when working out.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 01, 2015
- Version: 7.7.1
- Size: 60.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Maryna Kolokolkina
- © 2008-2015 SmalTek
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro features$5.99