By Maryna Kolokolkina
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Praised by pros and trainers as the most capable and flexible workout planner and tracker.
• The only app that can handle any routine and workout.
• Organizes your workouts and helps you reach your goals in strength, muscle size or weight loss. It will empower you with knowledge and revolutionize your workouts.
• Featured in The New York Times, Consumer Reports, The Daily.
FEATURES (Everything is included into the base price. The Pro addition is explained at the end).
• 280 exercises with animations and step by step instructions. You can add your own exercises.
• Text, pictures, animated GIFs and youtube clips can be attached to any exercise.
• 54 workout routines. You can add your own routines.
• Flexible tracking system for strength and cardio workouts, circuit training, Tabata or any other workout type. Supports supersets, several workout sessions a day, freeform notes and much more. Workout history is fully editable.
• The workout logging screen is optimized for fast data entry. It is extremely feature-rich. You can copy data from the history, add new exercises, images and videos, start timers - all within this screen.
• Bodyweight and assisted-weight exercises automatically account for your body weight.
• GymGoal calculates your One Rep Max for every exercise.
• Workout history by muscle shows muscles that you neglect.
• Weekly and rotating schedules support up to 4 workout sessions a day.
• Body measurements tracking plus additional custom trackers.
• The best in class Body Fat tracking module includes a calculator, several skinfolds (calipers) methods, direct entry. Tracks every method and individual skin folds, explains results.
• One-rep Max, BMI, BMR, TDEE, Target Heart Rate calculators and progress tracking.
• Automatic two-way syncing of BMI, BMR, Body Fat, weight and height with Apple Health. Export of burned calories to Apple Health.
• Two-way syncing with RunKeeper - both cardio and strength workouts.
• Heart rate tracking with any Bluetooth 4 device.
• You don't need an Internet connection - everything is stored on your device.
• Ability to back up your data to the server (free), or to email it. You can copy your data between iPhones and other supported devices.
• Workout logs, measurements, routines and the schedule can be emailed for review and printing. Workout logs can be opened in Excel.
• You can compare your results to other GymGoal users.
• 3 user accounts.
The Pro addition enables the following features:
• 50 user accounts.
• Professional volume load and training intensities tracking.
YOU CAN DEPEND ON GYMGOAL
• GymGoal is in AppStore since 2008. It is used by over a million people, from beginners to pro athletes and trainers, and even in schools.
• Many people have 6 years of detailed workout history in GymGoal. Years of history do not slow GymGoal down.
• Updates will not lose your routines, schedule or workout history. Even if your iPhone breaks, you will be able to restore your data from the server backup.
What's New in Version 7.9.7
- Custom calorie calculation settings for cardio exercises were not saved.
- Examining workout history while logging the current workout could create problems.
Excellent workout friend!
I have used GymGoal1 for several years. Just upgraded to GymGoal2. I am not a gym rat but I use this faithfully 2-4 times/week and it's excellent. I've added some routines, modified existing ones. It is intuitive and easy to learn. You can keep it very simple or you can get very complex. I've tried a few others in the past but you couldn't mold their apps to the way you work out - this is what sets this app apart from the others in my opinion. Buy it - you won't be disappointed!
This app is a great way to keep track of my weight-lifting workouts.
I'm pretty frugal when it comes to buying apps and after reading the reviews I chose Gym Goal.
The ability to create your own routines and schedules makes this a versatile workout tool.
I hated writing everything down on paper but with Gym Goal it keeps track of weight, reps, and sets AND tracks your history and shows you what areas you are slacking off. And that's the tip of the iceberg.
Data can easily be backed up. Other than the backing-up process the app does not need the internet to operate--it's all self contained. Even the movies that demonstrate the exercises do not require the internet.
This is an indispensable tool for beginners as well as those very familiar with working out.
Best routine tracker of all that I've tried
Over the years, I've tried several iOS fitness tracking apps, and for overall tracking of routines and statistics I keep coming back to Gym Goal. It is continually updated, and after adding the ability to have multiple routines listed per day, it's nearly perfect for my needs.
Back to 5 stars (from 4): issues are resolved very quickly.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 04, 2016
- Version: 7.9.7
- Size: 59.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Maryna Kolokolkina
- © 2008-2015 SmalTek
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro features$5.99