Textastic is a powerful and fast text, code, and markup editor.
• Syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages
• Compatible with TextMate and Sublime Text 3 syntax definitions and themes
• Open files in tabs
• Open folders in a sidebar
• Find in files
• Print files
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Emmet support built-in
• Auto Save and Versions
• iCloud document sync
• Full support for Dark Mode
Please note: You can use Textastic for iPad and iPhone to sync files between the Mac and iOS versions of Textastic using iCloud.
• Added full support for Dark Mode on macOS Mojave and improved the user interface.
• New syntax highlighter: Textastic 4 has a completely new syntax highlighter that can use Sublime Text 3 syntax definitions (in addition to language grammars from TextMate 1). This means much better support for modern features in almost all supported programming and markup languages.
• Added syntax definitions for TypeScript, Rust, and reStructuredText. Updated syntax definitions for almost all other supported languages.
If you like Textastic, it would be amazing if you could leave a positive rating or review on the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Does not break your Default App Extension settings (Updated)
As others have noted, Textastic appears to override your macOS default app settings for some files, i.e., GetInfo and Always Open With options don’t seem to work. On macOS this occurs when the file is stored in the Textastic iCloud folder and is a macOS/iCloud instituted behavior, not something done by Textastic. Since this is not a Textastic issue and the app is otherwise excellent - no reason not to give this app five stars. Thank you to the developer Alexander for his support in very quickly identifying the concern.
Great load time
Handles large files
Probably my goto when my laptop is lagging and I have to open some massive log files
It nice to be abale to write in 80 differint coding langues but you can only compile(Run) like four of them . I would wait to get thise if you want to compile more than four codeing langues .
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.