Live by the moon! See the phases of the moon in clarity - for where YOU are now - not just the "nearest city". See a countdown to the next phase of the moon TO THE MINUTE, whether full or new, first or last quarter. See a current simulation of the moon as it appears to you - for now or any day in the past or future - on a large, simple, easy to read display. See Moon Rise and Set times - so you can plan your lunar activities. Features APPLE TV support! This IS the app you are looking for!
• The current phase of the moon
• The current appearance of the moon
• Countdown in days, hours and minutes to the next moon phase - whether full or new moon, first or last quarter
• Notifications of upcoming moon phases and lunar events
• Moon Rise and Set times
• APPLE TV support at no extra cost
• See the moon phase for any chosen day in the past or future
• Current Distance to the moon in miles or kilometres
• Age of the moon
• Whether the moon is getting brighter or darker
• Percentage of the moon that is illuminated by the sun
• Countdown to the next moon phase
• Full support for iPad in Landscape, Portrait and Split Screen
• For privacy, access to your device's location is not required
An indispensable tool for those who need to plan their activities by the moon - Download it now.
• Moon imagery is provided by NASA.
• No advertising is displayed in this app.
• I wrote this app for myself, but I love sharing it and getting your positive feedback - thank you for your great ratings, reviews and feedback. Please do let me know at the support site if you have any constructive suggestions or improvements. Thank you again.
• This version fixes an issue where incorrect data may have appeared on the calendar details screen in some parts of the world. Hopefully all is well now, thank you to the very kind folk who helped me resolve this issue.
• Resolves an issue with saving screenshots to the Photo Library inside the Share button.
• Enables a notification settings screen that allows notifications to be switched off individually.
Thank you very much again for your kind support and constructive comments. Enjoy!
Ratings and Reviews
Updated Review (Redux), 22 March 2018:
I continue to enjoy this lovely app. Have you considered making the premium notification purchase from the free version available on this pro version?
Updated Review, 23 June 2015:
The app's developer responded to customer input, remedied the location issues, and added several new features with this latest update. Moon Phase + Professional is now a five-star app!
If you don't grant this app access to your device's location services, it refuses to retain a manually-added location and constantly demands location permissions. Oddly enough, its sister app (Sunset & Rise) appears to function perfectly with a user-input location.
Developer Response ,
Hi schoowa, Thank you for your very kind words. I will be making the Extra Notifications screen available in the next version of the app. Functionality provided at this stage will be limited to enabling and disabling the existing 24 hour notifications and the location setting at the bottom of the screen. I am reluctant to add an in app purchase to this paid app as unfortunately it is a lot of work for very little return as the vast, vast, vast! majority of users are using the free version as a base and I have to keep the value consistent across the apps. Thank you again.
Where Are the Eclipses?
This is a pretty fair app, but maybe not as good as it should be for $2.99 because one very essential piece of information is missing. Where are the lunar and solar eclipses? Anyone truly interested in the moon understands how important the lunar and solar eclipses are. They should be highlighted in any moon app, but especially in a pro version. I will be more than happy to update this review and my rating if the developer adds eclipses to the information the app provides.
These apps are great for what I was looking for. I use them primarily for hunting and fishing applications. I’m finding the apps useful for other things too!
- Peter Smith
- 5.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2018 Peter Smith. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.