Cause & Effect
By Chris Yates
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Using a combination of real video footage and graphics, Cause & Effect is unlike any game currently available for iPad, immersing you in a story that plays out like a movie.
You play Max Alvarez, a perfectly acceptable upstanding citizen who arrives home after a day at work but soon starts to realise that things aren't quite as routine as normal!
Cause & Effect offers you different options throughout the story and the decisions you make will influence how the game ultimately plays out.
To add further mystery and longevity to the game, Cause & Effect will be offered as a number of chapters similar to TV episodes and will be released as updates at certain timed intervals.
The release of the first chapter is completely free of charge so download it now and dive into the world of Cause & Effect.
★ Cause & Effect Trivia ★
• Cause & Effect has been developed by just one person, this individual has been responsible for everything in the game, including but not limited to, shooting the video, editing the video, creating the graphics and user interface, sound effects and writing the actual code to piece it altogether.
• Software and hardware used to develop Cause & Effect includes Final Cut Pro X, Garageband on Mac and iPad, Apple Pages, Audacity, MPEG Streamclip, Xcode, Photoshop, Nikon D7000, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPad.
• Chapter 1 & 2 have over 35,000 lines of code.
• All locations in the game are real life environments.
• Cause & Effect started out as an idea in early 2011.
• All the programming for Cause & Effect was done sitting in front of a MacBook Pro in a living room into the early hours of many, many mornings!
What's New in Version 1.1
Chapter Two has now been added.
Not sure yet
Got chapter 1...did it...bought chapter 2....with some difficulty got through it...now for the not sure part...not sure why it starts over every time you leave the app, not sure why the music comes on in random locals, it froze and closed on me twice...and having to buy unknown chapters, and not knowing if and when the other unknown chapters will be available and at what cost is annoying. If there are 4 or 5 chapters it wouldn't be too bad to pay 99 cents each, but if there are like 10 or more that would be bad...I think if there are more than 5 chapters all the rest should be free....not many game apps go for more than $5.00, well the ones I buy anyway...don't like waiting an unknown amount of time for release of next chapter either...really annoying...so far only 2 stars coz' I like the live action and tap and play. A little better instruction would be helpful too...
The puzzles themselves are not particularly challenging. Most of the time is vaguely, and unimportantly spent figuring out which room I'm supposed to be in. Other than that I thought the visuals were nice. Hopefully chapter 3 will be more challenging, less time figuring out what random room I'm supposed to be in and more actual puzzle solving that requires the need for those multiple rooms. Three stars because I would genuinely like to see more content.
I trully hate apps that dont come with instructions. The first chapter is a tease. Not very long. If the others are this short they better be free. The game cant be saved. So you have to start over. I already figured out what happened to his wife. RIGHT now one star. Lets see how this plays out...UPDATE
After buying chapter 2 you have to start all over. Then i get to chapter 2. The lake....and the screen goes blank. LAME. The concept is good but this guy cant make an app to a
Save his life.