Sky Guide AR
By Fifth Star Labs LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A star app has never been more beautiful and easy to use. Just hold it to the sky to automatically find constellations, planets, satellites and more. It’s stargazing fun for all ages and experience levels!
Is it a star or the planet Mars? Knowing what's up in your night sky is now effortless with Sky Guide. Hold your iPhone or iPad up and Sky Guide automatically aligns itself to the stars above you—no setup required!
Have you ever wished you could recognize the constellations but didn't want to study those paper star charts? Sky Guide's interactive experience makes learning your way around the sky intuitive and fun.
Whether you're in search of the constellation Virgo, the Andromeda Galaxy or the next big meteor shower, Sky Guide is jam-packed with information and rich graphics that will satisfy the most curious minds.
Voyage to the past or future with cinematic time controls. Know where the Moon will be later in the evening so you can capture that perfect photo. See what the sky looked like the moment you were born or be an eyewitness to history's greatest comets.
It's a star! It's a plane! No, it's a satellite! Sky Guide features hundreds of bright satellites for you to identify and track. You can also receive notifications whenever the International Space Station flies over your location.
Use Sky Guide anywhere—on your evening dog walk, camping trips or in the classroom. Sky Guide works with or without Wi-Fi, cellular service or GPS, so everything is at your fingertips no matter where you go.
- Apple Watch: Sky Guide can send you a notification when an event is about to happen in the skies above your location, like when the International Space Station is due to fly over. You can also keep tabs on the latest solar activity or add our super-accurate Moon Complication to your Apple Watch face.
- 3D Touch: Peek and Pop previews of articles from Search. Quick actions from home screen app icon.
- Notification Center Widget: At-a-glance essentials including rise and set times for the Sun, Moon and planets.
- Filter: X-ray the sky and explore invisible wonders (now enhanced with 3D Touch).
- Red night mode: Preserve your dark-adapted eyesight.
- Huge stellar catalog: 2.5 million stars!
- Sky Guide SUPERMASSIVE. This extensive add-on gives you access to incredible high definition zooming, 50× larger star and deep sky catalogs, and exclusive cinematic tours. SUPERMASSIVE includes a free two-week trial followed by an auto-renewing annual subscription. (See In-App Purchases section for the price available in your country. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your account settings after purchase.)
Join the millions who have discovered a more personal connection to the stars with Sky Guide. It might forever change the way you look up.
What's New in Version 6.6
What's that twinkle moving slowly across the sky? It's a few gifts for you this holiday season...
+ Added Voyager 1 and 2 so you can see where they are now or any time in the past
+ Custom satellite notification times! 5 minutes advance notice was not ideal for everyone. Now you can specify how much time is right for you. (Go to Main Menu > Notifications > Satellite Passes)
+ Added Fox-1B amateur radio satellite (RadFXSat AO-91)
+ Added 3200 Phaethon, the parent body of the Geminids meteor shower
am I using the same app? - EDITED
*** please see my update below ***
With all the great reviews, I must have downloaded a different app. I use several astronomy apps , but this is the only one that thinks east is west and north is south. I emailed the developer and was told to try the figure 8 trick, but I'd already attempted that several times. Upped my rating from 1 star to 3 since I did receive a response, but being off 180 degrees makes it unusable except for indoor couch sessions.
*** Okay, I just reinstalled after 2 years of using other astronomy apps and it's sensing directions properly now. Whatever was causing the compass to be off has been corrected, so I'm giving it 5 stars since the other astronomy apps are wanting to milk me for money every opportunity they can and this app still continues to operate without further expenditure. ***
Best Star App By Far!
This is very worth the money! My favorite part is that just by pressing the compass at the top, you can move your phone around like you are actually looking at the night sky! This could be good for a VR! There is nothing to dislike about this app! I’m not just saying this just because I want to, I’m actually serious. It is super informational and notifies you of passing satellites and so much more! But it for the best experience you have ever had!
Easily the best star viewing application on iOS right now. Definitely worth the one time purchase because it will keep you coming back to learn new things. The rate of accuracy is incredible when I go out and see things in real life whether it’s using a microscope or just with my eyes. Definitely a must have for anyone who loves space or looking at the stars!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Dec 19, 2017
- Version: 6.6
- Size: 221 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Fifth Star Labs LLC
- © 2013 Fifth Star Labs LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases