By Dominic Manley
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Video Squishy is a video compression utility. It re-encodes videos recorded by your device into smaller files by reducing their size and/or quality. Unlike other apps, it can queue up videos and compress them in batch.
By compressing your videos you can save precious memory on your device and/or significantly speed up upload times when sharing them online.
The way it works:
1. Select one or more videos from your library's camera roll (or other album) to add to the video queue.
2. Configure the compression settings (output size, video bitrate, audio quality, ...) or select an easy preset that matches your purpose.
3. Tap "Squish" and leave Video Squishy to re-encode the video queue. It will save the new compressed versions back to your camera roll.
4. Use whichever app you like to share the squished videos online and/or delete the originals to free up space.
Note 1: Video Squishy focuses on the task of compressing videos in batch. It does not let you upload or share them. You should use other apps for that.
Note 2: Video Squishy only works with videos natively supported by Apple devices (such as those recorded on the device itself). It will not handle files such as .avi, .mkv files or any with DRM protection (e.g. iTunes purchases).
For more info, feature requests and support, please visit http://www.frostybadger.com/squishy/, follow us on Twitter @frostybadger, or contact us at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 2.03
Updates in 2.03:
- Fixed: a bug that may cause the app to crash when determining if a video was already squished or not. Thanks to all those who submitted crash reports. They helped track this one down.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 11, 2014
- Version: 2.03
- Size: 0.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dominic Manley
- © 2012 Dominic Manley
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.