Yahoo Mail - Free Email and News
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With an all-new look and powerful features like: lightning-fast search, multiple mailbox support and effortless attachments, the Yahoo Mail app is the best way to access your mail on phone or tablet.
Powerful new features:
- Delete or move multiple messages easily - just tap and hold any message to select.
- Add Yahoo, Google, Outlook or AOL mailboxes and easily switch between them.
- Attach multiple photos and videos, all at once.
- Search across all of your messages, contacts, files and photos, faster than ever.
- Use Smart Views to sort your emails by categories.
- Press down on the compose button to quickly compose a message to yourself.
- Stay in the know with news from Yahoo and the Yahoo Magazines.
- Enable Account Key for password-free sign in.
- Never have to delete an email with 1000GB of free space.
- To see all the new features, upgrade your device to iOS9.
- Optimized for use with VoiceOver. 9
- Yahoo does not provide a local Swiss email service.
What's New in Version 4.1
- Customize your swipe actions – delete, move, mark as read and more; now you can assign a specific action to swiping left or right on an email.
- Send attachments with ease – quickly search and attach photos and recent documents to your emails.
- Manage all of your folders directly in mobile – now you can create, rename, delete and add sub-folders from your phone or tablet.
Yahoo Mail App
I was very happy with Yahoo mail for a long time, but lately not so much. One of my biggest complaints, is messages I previously have deleted, will come back & never go away. This makes me insane & takes up unnecessary space on my phone. Also, sometimes Yahoo is fast & other times, it is as slow as snail mail. & this does not have anything to do with my service. Also, the ads are just too much & all over the place. & to make it even worse, their placement is awful & annoying. There is always one right above whatever I'm reading & many times I have hit the ad by accident & then get detoured to some sight that I have zero interest in. I know that is probably the whole point, but I hate it, none the less. Ive been considering leaving Yahoo mail behind. I wish Yahoo would fix some of these issues, because changing e-mail addresses is quite a pain, in my opinion. It is sad to say this, but I miss the old Yahoo.
It takes too long to get email delivered.
Too many emails are not being delivered timely. For example, TV Guide sends out a promo for their recommended shows on tv tonight. Unfortunately it won't be delivered till midnight or later but the timestamp on the email will indicate that they sent it eight hours earlier. Not true. Why is it held up so long before loading into my phone?? I am checking it constantly. It is frustrating to find out about special that day only sales or dinner invitations and I stay up til one and they aren't there. They show up the next morning and the time on it says it was sent yesterday.
Your app should make issues like this your number one concern. If you can't get mail delivery down down then you are wasting our time. Does TV guide know they're promo isn't actually being delivered til after the shows have gone off (No matter what their time stamps say - they are wrong.
A couple of other observations. I despise the location of the or give folder. Too easy to send my file the wrong place.
I hate the ad @ the top of the mail.
I don't like how slow it is when you are dealing with individual emails. I want to delete and move on to next but instead I have to wait 3 or 4 seconds before it can move on to the next.
I never liked the categories like social etc. I can make folders and create my own categories thank you.
If the app is automatically going to open the next email on the list, the list should be arranged by oldest to newest. Even though I initially liked the feature that allowed the user to pick which email to open, I found it to be a little annoying after a couple of weeks. I usually have at least one email that I have read in my mailbox because I need it for reference. When I read the oldest unread email, the next one that opens is the newest one I am keeping for reference. When I have a full mailbox, I like to read the oldest email first. The current configuration makes that cumbersome. If that were changed without any other changes, I would give the app a five-star rating.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 28, 2016
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 70.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Yahoo! Inc.
- © 2015 Yahoo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.