By Michiel Roos
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A no-nonsense Binaural Beat Builder.
Do you ever have trouble concentrating or relaxing. Use this app to create a binaural beat session to tune your brain to the mood you desire.
The theory behind binaural beats is that if you apply slightly different frequency sine waves to each ear, a beating affect is created in the brain itself, due to the brain's internal wiring. If, in the presence of these tones, you relax and let your mind go, your mind will naturally synchronize with the beat frequency. In this way it is possible to tune the frequency of your brain waves to particular frequencies that you have selected, using of the four bands: Delta: deep sleep, Theta: dreaming and intuitive stuff, Alpha: awake, focussed inside, and Beta: awake, focussed outside.
It is also possible to produce mixtures of brain waves of different frequencies by mixing binaural tones, and in this way, with practice and experimentation, it is reportedly possible to achieve rather unusual states, such as out-of-body stuff, and more. See the books by Ken Eagle Feather, and the Monroe Institute site for more details. The Monroe Institute have apparently put 40 years of research into these techniques.
This program enables you to create your own Binaural Beat sequences by layering multiple voices and background sounds on top of each other. Each session consists of one or more voices and backgrounds. Each voice can have a different start and end carrier frequency, beat frequency and volume. This means you can 'slide' up or downto a certain MindState. Each voice and background can have starting time greater than zero. This enables you to layer different tracks onto each other (see caffeine for example).
This brainwave entrainment app Comes with 20 pre-programmed sessions. But you can create as many sessions as you like.
- realtime audio synthesis, no pre-recorded sessions
- create and store as many sessions as you like
- layer as many voices as you like (as many as your hardware can handle)
- layer as many backgrounds as you like
- set different start- and stop values on a voice for volume, carrier- and beat-frequency
- session keeps playing when screen locks or using other apps
- session mixes with sound of other apps like iTunes
- export and import your Sessions with iTunes Sharing
- export and import your Sessions by email
- crashing waves background option
Inspired by SBaGen: Binaural Beat Brain Wave Experimenter's Lab http://uazu.net/sbagen
A cheaper I-doser!
MindState is not Hemi-Sync ®
Hemi-Sync (short for Hemispheric Synchronization) is a trademarked brand name for a patented process used to create audio patterns containing binaural beats, which are commercialised in the form of audio CDs often accompanied by a guiding voice.
I am disappointed that the techniques used in Hemi-Sync are not accessible to everybody. It is heavily protected and patented.
With MindState you can freely experiment with Binaural Beats. Please share your experience and knowledge with the rest of us.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Export and Import your Sessions with iTunes Sharing
- Export and Import your Sessions by email
- Crashing waves background option
- Increased tone generation quality for beat frequencies below 1Hz
- Added 'this is not Hemi-Sync, but better' message to info window