By Gianluca Natalini
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"iNotePad PRO" is a powerful word processor ("rich text editor") that will transform your device in a professional typewriter.
"iNotePad PRO" was designed to load RTF, TXT, HTML files, edit them and save the modified document.
Useful for journalists, students, writers, office work, for reports, to take fast notes, etc...
"iNotePad PRO" can share the written documents using remote storage and sharing systems (e.g. cloud systems, using "Open In").
Using the export to HTML and share function you can also use "iNotePad PRO" to create simple web pages (rich text web pages).
Also, by pressing the "Speech To Text" button on the keyboard (devices compatible with "Siri") you can dictate text to be written ... "Speech To Text" will insert for You the dictated text in the document, at the position where the cursor is displayed.
Turn your device in a typewriter that can be used sitting on the couch at home, at work or during a trip.
- "iNotePad PRO" + "Speech To Text": dictate the text to be written and "Speech To Text" will write automatically for You the dictated text in the document
- Intuitive interface: start the program, and in a few seconds you're already writing
- Automatic Indentation
- AutoFormat Lists
- Highlighting text (infinite numbers of colors)
- Coloring of text (infinite numbers of colors)
- Indentation of the text: left, center, right, justified
- Lots of available fonts (all fonts supported by the device)
- Bold, Italic, Underline
- Font Size
- Undo and redo
- Export and share the written document using the HTML, RTF, TXT file formats with the ability to send them via email
- Sharing files between iPad and iPhone
- Sharing remote documents: share your written documents with colleagues or friends far away or work together with Your friends on a cloud system shared document
- Ability to convert the rich text into a simple text format and save it in a .TXT file
- Automatic counter for the number of the characters written in the document
Management for the documents stored in the "iNotePad PRO" Archive":
- DOC, RTF, TXT filters to search by type the documents saved in the archive
- Creation date and alphabetical sorting documents visualization
- Archiving an infinite number of documents and document management: load, edit, save, duplicate, delete, archive, share, etc..
- Import for RTF, TXT, HTML documents via file sharing, copy/paste, Open In, email attachments, etc.. (with the ability to modify them once imported)
COPY / PASTE:
- Select and copy web pages (or parts of them) using Safari and paste them in the "iNotePad PRO" rich text area (this feature is also compatible with other installed apps like rtfManager, documentsManager, sheetsManager, presentationsManager, megaDownloader Web Browser, secretReader, secret Notes HD, iNotePad, etc…)
Import RTF, TXT, HTML, MS Office e iWork documents:
Using rtfManager, documentsManager, sheetsManager, presentationsManager, megaDownloader Web Browser and the copy/paste feature of "iNotePad PRO" You can import the RTF, TXT, HTML, MS Office, iWork documents or parts of the documents in the "iNotePad PRO" rich text area, modify and save or export them in the HTML file format
Sharing (IN/OUT) documents with:
- Dropbox (remote storage systems, cloud)
- Open In
- iTunes File Sharing
- email attachments
- Retina display supported
"iNotePad PRO" + "Speech To Text":
- Write speaking, without using the keyboard
Supported device orientations:
- Portrait and Landscape (iPad version)
- UNIVERSAL APP (you pay only once and runs on all Your devices)
Documentation (HTML -> RTF):
What's New in Version 1.1
- Added the automatic counter for the number of the characters written in the document
Very poor app !!!!!!
I also could not figure it out , I seriously want the 2.99 refunded,
This app needs to be removed off the site.
Reading the info yes it seemed to look good.
Zip....I can not do a thing with it at ALL, ZERO.
I JUST DELETED IT , a total waste of 2.99 !!!!!! So not buy total waste of time and money !
iNotePad Pro Un-intuitive
App description looked amazing. However, could not figure it out. Very un-intuitive. I worked with this app for an half an hour and finally gave up. Too hard to figure out, not worth the effort.
SOME PROBLEMS INCLUDE:
* Cannot figure out how to import an RTF file from another source, like dropbox. Popup instructions are provided, but can't figure out how to import docs from the "documents archive".
* "Documents Archive" uses huge icons, allowing for only two document thumbnails on screen at once, requiring horizontal scrolling to see other docs. If you have lots of docs, plan on your finger getting tired.
* Document preview on doc archive page has little value and takes up a lot of space on that page.
* Document thumbs are on dark gray background. If you want to rename the doc file name it is very difficult to see the standard iPad blue cursor against the gray background in order to edit file names.
* Cannot perform save to app operations (i.e., save doc in skydrive, or dropbox, etc.) from within the doc when it is open. Rather, you must save doc, the close it, then select the "open in" icon and then select the app you want to move the doc into. Very cumbersome.
Too many more issues to go into.
Bottom Line: With all due respect to the developer, I know and appreciate that huge amounts of time go into app development. Also, this review is strictly my opinion. That being said, it is my opinion is that this app suffers from a poorly designed user interface. iPad apps need to be immediately usable without the user needing lots of documentation (of which there is usually slim to none). This app needs lots of usability analysis and revisions. AND because I was not able to get past the user interface challenges, I don't know if there are functional problems or not.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 01, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gianluca Natalini
- © 2012 Gianluca Natalini - NGCYBIT Robotics
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.