Twitterrific 5 for Twitter
By The Iconfactory
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The first app of its kind on the App Store, Twitterrific is the award-winning, elegant Twitter client that’s easy to understand and a delight to use.
Customize fonts, avatar sizes, image thumbnails and more via the theme panel. Quickly respond to tweets, change accounts or view conversation threads with minimum of effort using gestures. Rich media support including multiple images & Twitter animated GIFs. Robust VoiceOver support means Twitterrific is accessible for users with vision impairments.
Tweeting has never been simpler or so much fun.
• Universal app for iPhone and iPad
• Live streaming of tweets over wifi
• Large, beautiful images in your timeline
• Robust multi-image support
• Elegant interface
• Muffle or mute hashtags, users, or URLs that you don’t want to see
• Post from any account directly from the compose screen
• Automatic switch to Dark theme at night
• List management support
• VoiceOver support
• Receive push notifications for Replies, Mentions, Retweets, Favs, Direct Messages & more with in-app purchase
Apple Watch Features:
• Track your Twitter stats in real time at a glance
Twitterrific for Apple Watch gets even better after purchasing push notifications within Twitterrific:
• Receive notifications for Replies, Mentions, Retweets, Favs, Direct Messages & more on your watch
• Reply to Mentions, Replies & Direct Messages directly from your wrist
• See new followers, follow them back or block them with ease
• Force press to compose new tweets using dictation
For a complete list of Twitterrific features, visit Twitterrific.com for more information!
What's New in Version 5.15.4
• Twitterrific now features an adorable iMessage Ollie sticker pack! (iOS 10+)
• Tap a tweet's timestamp to reveal the client that was used to send it
• When replying to a tweet, the original author’s screen name can no longer be removed or edited
• Today view no longer displays events from people you have blocked
• Swipe on an event in the Today view (such as a like, retweet, or follow notification) to block that person
• Fixed a bug that prevented Open in Chrome, Open in Firefox, and Copy Link from working correctly
• Fixed incorrect character count after pasting or removing a photo when composing a tweet
• Can no longer pull to refresh while the timeline search is activated
• Certain errors from Twitter that were being silently ignored now generate an alert
• Addressed an issue that may have caused network requests to fail until the app was restarted
NOTE: Only tweets downloaded since upgrading to this version will have the necessary information to show which client the tweet was sent with. Clearing your tweet cache will force the app to re-fetch all tweets immediately if desired.
My Choice of Twitter Clients
Twitterrific is my choice twitter client for iOS. Why?
- It is beautiful. Twitterrific has a minimalistic approach to displaying tweets that both catches and informs the eye. Subtle use of color displaying tweets directed at you set it apart from other twitter client and its unobtrusive interface is helpful without getting in the way.
- It is flexible. Twitterrific has the ability to adjust its font size and font style. You can change the size of user's avatars and adjust the spacing between tweets. It even has separate day and night themes that it can automatically switch between if you want it to.
- It is modern. Twitterrific has all the features you want from a twitter client. It's push notification support works great. It's "muffling" of tweets is a great way to hide the tweets you want to ignore without vanishing them entirely, and its inline image preview works great. The newly added inline searching was the last big feature I always hoped would be added. With it, Twitterrific has become my Twitter client of choice bar none.
All told, with its long rich history, friendly and highly responsive developers, well thought out interface, and stunning looks, it's hard to go wrong with Twitterrific. It's an app I use many times a day and I can't imagine using anything else.
Not the best, but not the worst.
I picked up Twitterrific because I do roleplay on Twitter and wanted to see if it offered a better RP experience than apps like Tweetbot or the official Twitter app. There are things I like about Twitterrific that the other apps don't have. But there are things lacking that those apps do have.
Pros: Grid view when switching accounts. For someone who does roleplay on Twitter like I do, that is very nice because it makes switching between accounts easy and smooth. No endless scrolling to find my characters.
The selection of styles and fonts puts Tweetbot and the official app to shame. Very decorative.
The edit function. That is splendid to have.
Cons: You don't get notifications for one account while viewing another inside the app. Tweetbot has that.
Topic threads aren't linked together via a blue line like in the official app. At first I hated that, but it really makes it easier to follow a conversation.
Night mode is too dark and you can only see it well at night. Most people use that function all the time because the dark theme is cooler looking than all white.
Suggestions: A function similar to the TwitRP web plugin that lets you type out messages longer than 140 characters and posts them as a string of tweets in a conversation thread. This could help everyone, not just roleplayers.
This has been my favorite Twitter app for awhile, but either the most recent update or the one before has made it harder to use. There's now a significant delay between opening the app and viewing any tweets. New tweets take even longer to load. I'm not sure what's wrong, but I hope they fix it. My only other issue is being unable to see or participate in polls.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 08, 2016
- Version: 5.15.4
- Size: 13.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: The Iconfactory
- © The Iconfactory
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Push Notifications$2.99
- Remove Ads$2.99
- Tweet Translation$2.99