Call any URL with an appropriate sized button on any of your devices (iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch). The screens can be configured according to your needs using a json file via iTunes file sharing.
The app is ideal for all home automation systems which support http:
- i.e. HomeWizard, PEHA-House-Control-System, PHC, KNX, control4, Domoticz.
- It can also be used to control your IP camera (i.e. Mobotix)
- Or as a remote control for some HDMI DLNA adapter
- The app and watch app can also be used to trigger IFTTT.
Follow the configuration manual: https://github.com/sebbu/iControl-Web
In summary: Use iTunes file sharing folder of this App to get a sample json file for your configuration. Name your file gui.json. The structure is really simple. You may want to use a json editor. If you have messed up your gui.json, remove it from the App to get a new guiSample.json. You may use http or https for calling a remote command within this App or other known URL schemes to open another App (iPhone/iPad only).
Support for self-signed certificates is not includes on purpose. There are many free possibilities to get a certificate of different flavor,
i.e. StartSSL Free, Let’s Encrypt or CAcert (this list is not a recommendation and it is not complete, but it can serve as a starting point for your search).
This app can be controlled via its own custom protocol icontrol://. Currently it only supports the execution of a command. (See guiSample.json form an example)
iControl does not prompt for a review as it would probably interrupt your workflow. I would really appreciate it if you take the time to leave a review (maybe with a short hint or description which system you are using). Thank you in advance!
- App registers for json file type and new config can be imported via other programs
- Changed watch complication icons back to old version.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome! With more features it will be even better.
Great app, very clean build.
I'm just wishing for more features like:
Push buttons , sliders,text boxes and labels.
* Push buttons would make a lot more sense with things with involving motors.
* Sliders are my favorite when it comes to brightness/speed controls (add joysticks maybe?).
* Text boxes would help sending custom messages possible (infinite possibilities)
* Labels would add monitoring capabilities which are not less than freaking awesome.
I would consider buying a paid version of the app. I love how simple and clean it is.
I'm grateful still, thank you so much sir.
Best app ever
This is the best app ever, i use to control my mpv media player on my linux when i watch movies to control the volume, play/pause, forward/backward using python http server.
The interface can't more simple and awesome, and configuration is surprisingly easy. Great idea for the app.
Thanks for developing this great app and putting it up for free and open.
I would love to see authentication implemented as this is the only way I could control certain devices such as Lifx Bulbs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.