Google Maps - Real-time navigation, traffic, transit, and nearby places
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Google Maps makes navigating your world faster and easier. Find the best places in town and the information you need to get there.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don't miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
What's New in Version 4.20.1
• Bug fixes
Maps is great most of the time
I recently took a trip from Charlotte to Myrtle Beach. On the drive there it was great but on the way back google maps had me drive all the way back to Charlotte on backroads. I pretty much never got on the highway. Why google? If I'm driving a 3 hour trip I need to be on open road not having to slow down to 35 miles per hour because I'm driving through a town. Google needs to have an option to stay on most traveled roads or on the highway. I hate driving thru unknown towns. I would much rather be on a main highway. Main point is just because something is the fastest route its not the best. I would like if there was an option to "stay on highways" just like there is an option to avoid highways. Also it would be great if there was an option to go back the way you came. So many times I use google to get somewhere & when I leave I'm sent a different way. I already became accustomed to how I got there so I would like to take the same way back. Last suggestion let us be able to add multiple stops pleaseeeeee!!!!!! That would be so helpful
I live in Japan. Driving here is such a challenge that I don't know how I'd function without google maps. It works better than my Garmin, and (I think) better than the Apple maps on my iPhone. It helps me navigate the Japanese train system, which is a daunting task. The walking directions are also very useful, and helped me learn my neighborhood without getting lost. One feature that I would find VERY helpful would be identifying which exit to use when leaving a train station, to get to ones destination. Sometimes, if you exit from the wrong place in a train station, it can be next to impossible to get to where you're supposed to be. Just a little statement like "south exit", similar to how the platform number is sometimes listed for the trains, would be a huge help.
Great With an Exception
I've been a long term user with Google Maps and it's always incredibly accurate with traffic conditions and travel times. It is excellent in providing lane information and getting you efficiently from point A to point B.
I do have one issue that is rather significant enough to lower my review from a perfect 5 stars to a 4 star rating. The app will try and direct you in the wrong direction down one way streets. Be very cautious when you are making turns that the direction the app is directing you in is a valid and legal turn.
In conclusion, this is not a completely major issue so long you follow the rules of the road in addition to the app's instruction. This app is a fantastic app at getting you where you need to be. By far, I would recommend this app well beyond the other navigational apps out there.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 28, 2016
- Version: 4.20.1
- Size: 56.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.