Splittr - Expense Splitting
By Raphael Wichmann
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Forget about complicated spreadsheets!
Splittr helps you to split group expenses on vacations, with your roommates or any other group activity.
Simply add expenses as you go and Splittr will tell you who is next to pay and who owes whom how much.
Invite your friends and everybody can enter expenses with their own devices.
- Works offline
- Syncs with friends
- No registration needed
- All currencies supported
- PDF and CSV export
- Statistics and fun facts about your group.
- Super fast and easy user interface
- Intelligent equalization payment algorithm that minimizes the number of transactions
- You can split expenses unevenly if purchasers paid different amounts or if certain participants benefitted more or less from the expense
- Automatic backups
Use case: Imagine you are on a trip with two friends: Emma and Daniel. You pay $100 for gas for the trip. Anyone with a calculator can divide that price three ways, but even then, you’d normally have to keep a record of the expense in order to divvy it up later. With Splittr, this expense is entered in a couple of seconds and divided equally with little time or effort.
Imagine that later, you, Emma and Daniel go to a restaurant. You’re not hungry, so you only order juice. Daniel orders a steak and a cheesecake. Emma gets a spinach salad. The bill is $80. Daniel forgot his wallet in the hotel room and doesn’t pay, but you chip in $60 and Emma pays $20. You need a math degree to calculate who owes what, right? Not with Splittr! Simply enter who paid how much and Splittr will do the rest.
It’s that simple!
What's New in Version 2.1.1
Thanks for your great feedback. Here are some of your most popular wishes:
- Statistics. Yes! You can now see how much money you spent on categories.
- Group archive. You can now archive groups and focus on your most important groups only.
- We added transaction images to the PDF report.
- Better account handling and support for syncing multiple devices per account.
- Better structure / separation of global and group specific profile settings. You can now define share weightings per group and per member.
- Optimized structure / better separation for episodes and settle up.
- Friends are now sorted by relevance.
- About. A picture and some text about the developers and the history of Splittr.
- Deletion of groups is now easier when group contains no connected users.
- Bug fix for CSV report. The numbers contained a trailing space which Excel didn't like.
- Bug fix when entering a payee on a payment. A member was automatically added.
- Many other bug fixes and improvements.
Thank you for your great support, your great reviews and your emails that helped me a lot to build Splittr for you!
Solid and intelligent app that will solve a lot of headaches
This is one of the best and thought of apps in a long time.
It solves the issue of shared expenses whether you are a couple managing finances, be a group of friends, or simply keeping track of finances.
The user interface is clean and simple.
There are few but meaningful functions and there is no clutter.
The support of multiple currencies make it a breeze to keep track of trips/vacation and everything is converted to your base currency automatically.
Sharing or making groups is a no brained and it works perfectly offline (and syncs back everything in the back ground). No fuss.
Strongly recommended to couples and groups of people on travel.
Perfect also for singles that need to share expenses with others or simply keep track of finances.
I’m in love!
This is truly a wonderful app. We’ve traveled with a group of friends for years, and determining expenses at the end of each trip was a major headache for one or more of the group who might have some math skills. Got Splittr last spring for a trip. What a difference! Found a few kinks, reached out to Raphael and he was so responsive. Just got back from a 10-day trip, and this version of Splittr is the bomb. Thanks for such a great app!
Solid & Effective
This app is great for shared expenses, weather it be a trip or routine bills we utilize this for virtually everything in our household. The app is simple, yet powerful and effective. This is much better than my old method of spreadsheets!
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Oct 19, 2017
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 102 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Raphael Wichmann
- © 2017, Raphael Wichmann
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Membership Lifetime$3.99