Hooked on Phonics is Highly Effective and Incredibly Fun. Nurture your child's reading and confidence with the right blend of interactive learn-to-read tools. This award-winning app is based on research, approved by the Children’s Reading Foundation, and designed in conjunction with leading educators, renowned authors, and most importantly, parents.
• Perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade readers (ages 3-7).
• Correlates to federal and state reading proficiency standards through 1st grade.
• Over 250 songs, award-winning videos, interactive games, reading lessons, & ebooks.
• Earn virtual awards and achievements.
• 100+ ebook library with stories to complement every lesson.
• Use on multiple devices – pick up where you left off, no matter where you are.
• Add multiple readers and track their progress individually.
Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read contains 36 progressive lessons featuring leveled learning activities that cover key building blocks of reading: short vowels, simple plurals, simple compound words, beginning and ending consonant digraphs and blends, two-syllable words, and sight words.Each lesson concludes with a story specially written with the words just learned. Your child will read this book, proudly, on their own.
If your child is in Pre-K, has not quite mastered the alphabet and letter sounds, or they are struggling with Step 1 of the Learn to Read program, The Big Reading Show may be a good place to start. The Big Reading Show is an exciting preschool learning program that introduces pre-readers to the alphabet and letter sounds – critical skills they’ll need to begin Step 1 of the Learn to Read program. Part variety show, part interactive game, The Big Reading Show features 13 episodes, each one an exploration of letters, words, text concepts, phonemic awareness, and vocabulary.
Over 5 million children have learned to read using the Hooked on Phonics program. Start your child on the path to becoming a confident lifelong reader and learner. Download Hooked on Phonics today.
WHAT PARENTS AND KIDS ARE SAYING:
• “[My kids] are excited and reciting stuff that they learned from Hooked on Phonics.” Joe – Atlanta, Georgia
• “Hooked on Phonics does it for you… it’s not hard. So as a parent, it’s doable.” – Alexa & Joe, parents and Hooked on Phonics customers
• “On the first day of school I got this good book, and I just finished it. And I’m loving reading.” Michael – Struggling Reader
• “I started getting honor roll in class.” Michelle – Reader 5 levels behind
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD:
Hooked on Phonics is FREE TO TRY. Step 1 of Learn to Read (includes 3 lessons), and the first episode of The Big Reading Show (Explorer Day), are unlocked and available for download immediately. Try it before you buy it, and experience the joy of your child reading their first book.
- Hooked on Phonics provides a 7-day free trial, which upon completion, becomes a monthly subscription charged to the user’s iTunes account
- Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user by going to account settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Various bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
The reading program itself is great. My kids love it and I really saw improvement. The reason I'm only giving 3 stars is because they have technical issues with the automatic renewal they need to fix but haven't. Month after month my account is charged but when my kids go to use the app a screen pops up to select a purchase method.
I've email at least 4 times (every month) and they have to go and give me access again.
Why should I have to email every month to be able to use an app that I'm automatically being charged for? It's a hassle and I've had enough. If they can't fix it then it's pointless to me and I suggest anyone thinking about signing up decided if they really want to be emailing the company every month in order to use something they are already paying for.
It's so disappointing to me. I would think a great company like this would be more on top of making sure their programs are running smoothly for their paying customers.
I will add that they do respond in a reasonable time frame to emails, but I still feel like this should be a fairly easy fix on their part. I don't understand why they just won't fix it.
Undoubtedly this is a great app. I installed it on my iPad and had my 2.5 year old daughter try it, and just like any other toddler, she tried it for few "seconds" and then move on to different app, but before we gave up we at least tried to help her explore the app and left it to her and then after about a week or two my proud moment came, I was just sitting next to her while she had the iPad in her hands and then I see her go to the app and read out all the words an sing along and read the entire story lines on her own - I couldn't believe it, I thought she probably is prompting along with the prompter in the app so I turned off the volume and then asked her to read again and then I was almost in tears to see her go over the app and read every word and read the story line all by her own. That was my best moment ever, thanks to the HOP team. Instead of me just saying I love this app it would be more appropriate to say that this app is the best, self tutoring and it surely helped my toddler. Can't wait to download more of HOP apps.
Great Program and Great Customer Support!!!
We initially used the Hooked On Phonics App a couple of years ago to accelerate my daughter's reading (she was four at the time). After powering through the entire program my daughter was well on her way to being an advanced reader. I wouldn't solely rely on the app (still gotta be an active parent in other ways), but it helped tremendously. A couple of years after using the app and deleting the old content we wanted to re-visit to help my son start down his reading path. We were saddened to discover that all of the material we had previously paid for was no longer available, but instead of simply re-purchasing the bundle I reached out to the Support team to see if they could find our previous purchases and re-apply them to our account. Sherry was incredibly helpful and was able to get us the bundle... We're confident he'll be caught up in no time : )
- SANDVIKS HOP, INC.
- 333.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Sandviks, HOP
- In-App Purchases
- Hooked on Phonics $6.99
- Hooked on Phonics $7.99
- Can Man eBook $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.