hopTo (Office Cloud & Mobile Productivity Workspace)
By hopTo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create, edit and share Microsoft Office® files (Word® documents, Excel® spreadsheets and PowerPoint® presentations) in cloud storage services like Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive and on your PC - all from your iPad. Enjoy productivity without boundaries in a native iPad workspace that lets you multitask with several files and storage locations open at once. Search across your personal or work PC and cloud storage for full remote access to your documents whenever you need them, in your own personal cloud.
"hopTo is a solid app with a clean and simple interface and an easy way of working with your online files.” CNET
"The app presents your documents in a simple, tabbed interface that does allow you to open and work on two docs simultaneously -- a rarity in the one-task-at-a-time world of iOS.” TUAW
hopTo’s mobile workspace is an essential app for business professionals, students, or anyone with an iPad who wants unified access to all of their documents and files whether at work, home, school or on the go. hopTo is even more essential if you need to be productive in Microsoft Office on your iPad using files on your cloud storage and computer. Quickly and easily present slides, share photos and files, view, edit, and print personal and business documents in the cloud or on your computer. It provides the ultimate in flexibility and efficiency with your iPad no matter where you are.
• Cloud-based document editing; no PC required
• Multitasking interface with multiple files in tabs
• Create & edit Microsoft Word & Excel files
• Copy & paste between Microsoft Excel/Word files
• Search across your cloud storage (Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive) & personal computer
• Unified view of all your files (PDF, spreadsheet, document, image)
• Innovative iPad touch interface for Microsoft Excel/Word
• Connect your Windows PC, Box, Dropbox Google Drive, & SkyDrive all together in one place
• Access any document or file on your Windows PC remotely
• Manage & share files & documents
• Present PowerPoint presentations
• Office native fonts
• Send files & documents via email
• Full Microsoft Office® 2010 compatibility
• iOS 6.0 and newer
• Internet connection
When accessing your computer remotely
• Windows XP SP3 and newer
Get connected to hopTo!
Visit the hopTo Help Desk to access the knowledge base and community forum for tips or submit a question https://support.hopto.com
What's New in Version 2.1.20
- Minor bug fixes (authentication)
Continue reading for all new features in the 2.1 release:
• SkyDrive support
• Open-in support (Open Excel, PowerPoint, & Word files in hopTo from other apps)
• Support for Excel/Word password-protected files
• Copy and paste Excel/Word content
• Stability and performance improvements
This app is so useful and has many productive functions. It allows you to further expand your abilities to store and place files. There are several different types of files and storage you can choose from. This will work for anyone! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has many files needed to be organized. This will help you keep everything neat and tidy. Very helpful app!
Is it me?
The concept of this app is fantastic; being able to download a doc from virtually anywhere, and be able to work on it in a Word-like fashion ON MY iPAD...just how I like to do things! However, I am finding the cut & paste arduous, actually on the scale of impossible, and I've been kicked out of HopTo a couple of times already, including losing my content, with the message "the app is not available at this time." Am I missing some aspect of how to use it properly? If so, I'd still knock off a few points on the "it just works" scale...?
Great way to work with Excel Spreadsheets!
Although their are many spreadsheets, nothing really beats excel so this is an invaluable tool for all people who use excel regularly but don't want to be chained to their PCs.
Good going Hopto. Keep it up and you may have one of the future's hottest apps in the making! :)