By Abhinay Ashutosh
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured in TechCrunch, AppAdvice (Sept 2013), Apple's "New & Noteworthy" (Feb 2013), and first in "Apps for Your New iPhone" in 13 countries (Sept 2013)!
Created by 19-year-old, Abhinay Ashutosh, Event Book is a free, simple, and beautifully re-imagined calendar app. With usability and simplicity in mind, Event Book's themed interface, customizability, and maps, weather, and location integration help you more easily manage your life.
With Event Book you can:
∙ Sync instantly with all your existing iOS Calendars (iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, Exchange, Hotmail, AOL, etc.)
∙ Easily manage your events in a multitude of views with Day, Week, Month, and List Books
∙ Save your favorite locations for quick access later with Location Book
∙ Get where you need to go, with directions from your choice of Apple or Google Maps, while staying one step ahead of the weather
∙ Change your calendar's theme to suit your mood, location, or time of day (more themes coming soon)
∙ Spend less time scheduling and more time doing what you want!
What's New in Version 2.0.4
Happy New Year!
* Fixed event invites being deleted when updating the event
* Fixed List Book selecting previous date on "today" button click
* Fixed Week Book word spacing on iOS 7
* Fixed List Book auto-refresh
* Fixed various rare event creation crashes
* Fixed setting alarm when creating an event and setting default alarm crashes in iOS 7
* Fixed "none" attendees while editing an event
* Fixed auto-correct on location searches in Location Book
* Fixed predictive search in Location Book
+ Added "Availability" field to event creation
+ Improved Location Book integration
+ Improved calendar viewing ability
+ New themes
Looks great, a few bugs
*** UPDATE ***
Lots of problems fixed = re-download and +1 star. Design is still rock solid and addresses the many deficits of most calendar programs out there. Great, but not yet superior.
Still missing ability to invite others to events and crashed (once so far) when adding/editing an event with a destination.
--- First review ---
The design is solid- good options and ability to swap views.
Crashes when you try to change the default duration; crashes when you select the alarm feature.
Needs the ability to accept/decline invitations and invite others to events.
Can't wait to see what version 2.x looks like.
This is the calendar I've been waiting for. I've probably purchased a dozen calendar apps over the last couple of years, and none of them quite do exactly what I want them to do. This one does. And for the price, it's worth your time to give it a test drive.
Overall slick and looks good but...
- can't seem to distinguish between calendars
- can't seem to accept invites to events
- occasionally crashes when attempt to add location
- does not show current day, date and month on the icon. This would be an awesome piece to add!!
Hope you get the time to look into these Abhi, and then this would be a killer app!!!