Get paid on your iPhone®, iPod® or iPad® with our free app and a card reader that’s right for your business. Accept credit and debit cards, send invoices, track cash and check payments. It’s only 2.7% per US card swipe, chip or contactless transaction. No long-term contracts, commitments or monthly fees.
WHY PAYPAL HERE?
• More options, more business: gives your customers the flexibility to pay how they want.
• All in one: PayPal Here™ is part of our trusted suite of business payment solutions, helping you manage all your in-person, online and mobile payments through one central account.
• Help when you need it: You can contact us directly from the app, by phone at 877-569-1136 or by visiting www.paypal.com/here
START GETTING PAID:
1) Download the app
2) Sign up for PayPal Here
3) Choose the card reader that’s right for your business
PayPal Mobile Card Reader
– Accepts magnetic stripe cards
– Connects with your phone or tablet audio jack
PayPal Chip Card Reader
– Accepts chip cards, NFC payments like Apple Pay™ and magnetic swipe cards
– Reduce liability for certain types of fraud
– Connects via Bluetooth
PayPal Here uses an encrypted card reader, backed by our best-in-class risk-management and fraud protection. All payments go right into your account for secure, reliable, and easy transaction processing.
GET YOUR MONEY FAST:
Payments processed with PayPal Here are transferred to your account usually in minutes. With the PayPal Debit card, you can access your funds at thousands of ATM’s nationwide, plus get 1% cash back on all eligible debit card purchases.
• Get a free app and PayPal Mobile Card Reader
• Invest in the PayPal Chip Card Reader to accept chip cards, contactless (like Apple Pay™), traditional swipe payments – all in one device.
• Pay only 2.7% per swipe, chip or contactless transaction for all major US credit cards including American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover
• Let customers quick-pick a standard tip or enter their own
• Manage and view your sales history
• Text and email custom receipts
• Add multiple users on one device
Thanks for choosing PayPal Here. v3.6.6 includes reduced app loading times to help you sell faster.
Ratings and Reviews
Glitches and freezes
Simply hate the new upgrade with lots of freeze moments. Has to restart all the time after each transaction. Customers is complaining about the processing time. And, we have been having lots of issue about tips too. My customers never tip but at the end of the transaction and the tip were added automatically and my customers are furious because they thought that we added the tip without their authority. And in some case customers added tips but at the end of the processing screen it shows that no tips were added and customers has to pay tips in cash.
The tip column is on the same page and a lot customers said that they don't see it there. Overall, we love the previous version much better than this one. This is driving everyone crazy especially for those who used the older version
I do a lot of selling and trading online... of Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards... well, I've been using PayPal for quite some time and when it asked if I'd like to upgrade for free, I said sure. I was very unbelieving of them sending me a card scanner for free but I got it and haven't been charged for it or anything. I guess it makes sense since the more money I make, they make. Esther way, being able to make little categories and add-ons to them is really fun and has got me really thinking about opening up a small business! Thank you PayPal for alway helping me pay for things online, hopefully you will help me charge people in person in the future!
How to Take Payment
Plug in card reader. Wait a minute or two for app to detect reader. Don’t even try to record a cash transaction without the reader as this will crash app. Swipe card and say a Hail Mary. If you’re lucky payment will go through. If not, the app will crash then you’ll have to reassure your customer that his card wasn’t charged. Restart app while making small talk with the customer looking at his watch. Try fiddling around with the reader until it’s detected by the app. Swipe card again. Keep repeating until transaction goes through.
I’ve used Square and Pay Anywhere — PayPal Here is by far the most buggy. Maybe I got a defective reader but I’ve gone through 3 and had the same problem with each.
- PayPal, Inc.
- 168.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 PayPal Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.