PayPal Here for iPad: Accept Credit Card Payments Anywhere With PayPal's Mobile Card Reader
By PayPal, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get paid on your iPhone®, iPod® or iPad® with our free app and a card reader that’s right for your business. Accept credit and debit cards, send invoices, track cash and check payments. It’s only 2.7% per US card swipe, chip or contactless transaction. No long-term contracts, commitments or monthly fees.
WHY PAYPAL HERE?
• More options, more business: gives your customers the flexibility to pay how they want.
• All in one: PayPal Here™ is part of our trusted suite of business payment solutions, helping you manage all your in-person, online and mobile payments through one central account.
• Help when you need it: You can contact us directly from the app, by phone at 877-569-1136 or by visiting www.paypal.com/here
START GETTING PAID:
1) Download the app
2) Sign up for PayPal Here
3) Choose the card reader that’s right for your business
PayPal Mobile Card Reader
– Accepts magnetic stripe cards
– Connects with your phone or tablet audio jack
PayPal Chip Card Reader
– Accepts chip cards, NFC payments like Apple Pay™ and magnetic swipe cards
– Reduce liability for certain types of fraud
– Connects via Bluetooth
PayPal Here uses an encrypted card reader, backed by our best-in-class risk-management and fraud protection. All payments go right into your account for secure, reliable, and easy transaction processing.
GET YOUR MONEY FAST:
Payments processed with PayPal Here are transferred to your account usually in minutes. With the PayPal Debit card, you can access your funds at thousands of ATM’s nationwide, plus get 1% cash back on all eligible debit card purchases.
• Get a free app and PayPal Mobile Card Reader
• Invest in the PayPal Chip Card Reader to accept chip cards, contactless (like Apple Pay™), traditional swipe payments – all in one device.
• Pay only 2.7% per swipe, chip or contactless transaction for all major US credit cards including American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover
• Let customers quick-pick a standard tip or enter their own
• Manage and view your sales history
• Text and email custom receipts
• Add multiple users on one device
What's New in Version 2.6.9
Temperamental but overall well worth it
I've been with PayPal for over 7 years and only had a couple of minor set backs with this app. Money comes right away, app never freezes and customers never complain. Downfall - when the slider doesn't want to read a card and you key it in. The fees are a killer! For that I give you a 4 star. Otherwise you'd be a 5 in my book
Worth the investment
We have PayPal HERE WITH THE CHIP CARD READER and we are very happy with it. One glitch was at one point I could not turn it off and had to reset but support was helpful and it was quickly corrected. I like having my inventory set up in the system. Overall this portable system works very well for us.
PayPal taking payments works fine but I have the following issues with the app.
1. The items area needs significant update, it's not user friendly. Needs better way to input the products.
2. The items area should keep track of inventory of the items.