By Warner Music Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THE DOORS official app. More than 700 images and 100 music and sound clips that will delight and satisfy Doors fans. More than just photos, music and video, this comprehensive compilation in presented in a way that lets you re-discover the intensity and originality of Jim Morrison and the Doors.
The foundation of this app is authentic, source material meticulously produced by their record company president Jac Holzman, and endorsed by the members of the Doors.
Since most of the content is built into the app, you can enjoy the pictures, music, sound and video offline, without WiFi or dinging your data plan. Bonus: Includes the option for group viewing on any flat screen TV.
* 227 Band Photos featuring rare publicity photos and candid shots of all four.
* 112 images of album and single artwork from around the world
* 196 images of memorabilia
* 75 photos of the notes handwritten on the original recording masters tracksheet. (It's like holding Doors history in your hands.)
* 6 full length original short films for Break On Through, Strange Days, Unknown Soldier, Wild Child, Roadhouse Blues (Live), and the Changeling.
Even better, you can pinch and zoom most of the images to discover details not possible if printed in a book or posted on a website.
MULTIMEDIA SECTION ON EACH ALBUM
Includes the albums The Doors, Strange Days, Waiting for the Sun, The Soft Parade, Morrison Hotel, Absolutely Live, LA Woman, Other Voices, Full Circle and American Prayer. The story behind each record is revealed through text, photos, videos, music clips, as well as homages from influencers like Patti Smith, Hunter S. Thompson, Francis Ford Coppola and The Doors themselves. It's like getting a mini-app for each album.
LYRIC SHEETS FOR ALL DOOR SONGS
In one place, the complete lyrics for all the Doors' songs including Riders on the Storm, The End, and When The Music's Over
INTERACTIVE DOORS TIMELINE
Weaves highlights of the Door's history with other musical and historical events ferreting context otherwise unknown. For example you'll learn that Jimi Hendrix released "Are You Experienced" less than a month before the Doors single "People are Strange" and that the Viet Cong attacked the U.S. Embassy in Saigon just 6 weeks before the Doors released "The Unknown Soldier."
* EXCLUSIVE GRAPHIC COMIC
Chronicling Jim Morrison's "incident" in Miami along with the original FBI documents, testimony and arrest report.
FOR AUDIOPHILE DOORS FANS
Learn how the Doors' engineered their signature sound for each album with a photo inventory of the exact equipment used on each one.
INSIDER MINI BIOS
The 100+ people most important to the history of the band. Discover information about Jim Morrison and the Doors that you can't find in a Google search.
* PRESS & HOLD any item and it will be filed in the apps FAVORITES sections for instant re-access. Super helpful with all this content.
* An interactive map of the key places in the Doors L.A. lives.
* Share your discoveries with your friends by posting content from the app on Facebook and Twitter.
What's New in Version 2.0
• New Section: Ray Manzarek Remembered
• DOORS APP EXCLUSIVE: Weeks after Ray's death on May 20, 2013, Doors members Robby Krieger and John Densmore reunited, on camera for the first time in 10 years! In this potent highlight reel of their conversation, Robby and John honor Ray and — for the first time — reveal some unguarded thoughts of Jim Morrison.
• Simplified Navigation - All “access” buttons at the top of the screen ease functionality. New Signposting shows your current location within the App.
• Steven Wilson Band keyboardist, Adam Holzman deconstructs both Ray Manzarek's technical and spiritual approach to the keyboard in a perceptive recollection.
• ‘In His Element’, a photo montage set to Ray's timeless solo on "Riders on the Storm."
• Miami Incident additions — Transcripts of the second and final day of Jim Morrison's testimony and Jim's bail bond application, recently discovered.
• Doors Map of L.A. — More than ten new locations added.
• Minor pin placement errors corrected.
• Improved User Experience
• Photos expand to full screen size
• Timeline improved — Many images now enlarge upon tapping
Stellar app, beautifully executed
Finally, the longest introduction of When the Music's Over during the Hollywood bowl show is explained by John Densmore! A great remembrance of Ray Manzarek by
John and Robby. Really a very well done app. The Doors are the only band I don't get tired of.
I love this app. It tells the story of the band with great care and polish. It adds music clips and videos to support the telling and interfaces seamlessly with the albums bought on iTunes.
One minor gripe - the music stops when the iPad goes to sleep. Please fix!
+ 1 GB no wonder some poor reviewer can't download! I hit that buy button a little to quick, if I only knew. I'm sure I'll be impressed from the previous reviewers. I love the Doors.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 05, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 1.14 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Warner Music Inc.
- © 2013 Rhino Entertainment Company, a Warner Music Group Company. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.