The ADS-B Status Tool app is a simple utility application for use with the GPS+ADS-B Weather and Traffic Receiver (model XGPS170) from Dual Electronics Corp. The app shows detailed information from the XGPS170 including:
• Whether or not the device is receiving an ADS-B signal
• What kind of ADS-B information is being received
• A graphical view of the weather around your current location
• A graphical view of traffic data being received, if any
• The number of GPS satellites in view and their signal strength
• Your location, or whether the device is still waiting for satellite information
• The battery level of the XGPS170
• Whether or not the XGPS170 is charging
The app also allows device settings to be adjusted, including:
• GPS refresh rate
• Indicator brightness
• Sleep timeout
Installation of this app is optional. The XGPS170 does not require this app to be installed on your iPad in order to work.
1) This app is not designed to replace an EFB app on your iPad. It is designed simply as way to confirm the proper operation of the XGPS170.
2) The information provided by this app is for reference only, and should not be used for making critical flight decisions.
Ratings and Reviews
IOS, or other issue?
Not sure if due to Apple IOS upgrade, but can not adjust XGPS 170 status page. Using FlightPlanGo App, iPad freezes between 'procedures/airport diagram' and 'maps' pages. States connected, but app unusable. Crashes at critical points. Lack of reachable support with FlightPlan Go App and/or Dual XGPS 170 tech people. Unfortunately, did not use in aircraft before IOS upgrade, so can't compare. Currently, unusable.
Update Status Tool
Try to update to the Status Utilities - link below.
This fixed weather reporting. Info screens a bit different. Will update rating after use in flight.
Dual XGPS no longer works with FlyQ EFB?
Not sure of the source of the problem, but I no longer see traffic and weather, only GPS in FlyQ EFB. I fly at night, and got caught in cumulus clouds because I was not getting radar images. I have ADS-B out installed in my plane. What has happened?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.