Prompts - Beat Writers Block
By Tanner Christensen
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Writing with Prompts is like writing with an inspirational coach sitting beside you.
Whenever you sit down to write, Prompts suggests a few topics to get you started. And as you write, if you ever get stuck, Prompts is there to give you advice on how to keep going.
It even reminds you to write a little every day, and shows you progress on your writing as you go. No more writer's block, just open the app to write and follow the suggestions.
"Getting stuck with writer's block is a huge pain. Prompts provides inspiration." - Mashable
More than 300,000 unique writing starting lines and creative writing prompts to inspire you and give you ideas for creative writing. Whether it's poetry writing, journal writing, storytelling, or anything else!
Prompts is great for students in the classroom, amateur writers, or professionals who want to free write more often.
** Part of the Apple Education program, so teachers and schools get a discount when buying this app! **
• Prompts gets you writing, even when you don't know where to start or if you feel blocked
• Access to more than 300,000 unique starting lines and creative prompts like that of Brian Eno
• Set a custom, daily writing goal and use the app to hit it!
• View custom writing stats like how often you write, how long you write, and more
• Set daily writing reminders to keep yourself motivated
• Categorize your writing with custom, color-coded tags
• Auto save so you never lose a word of writing
• Write in either landscape or portrait view, on your iPhone or iPad
• Adjustable font size and styling
• Share your writing by email, Twitter, or Facebook, and more
Why use Prompts for creativity writing?
• Prompts is full of unique writing prompts. Feeling stuck or creatively blocked? Press the lightning bolt at any time and you'll be presented with a prompt to help inspire you.
• Even if you don't know where to start writing, just open the app and press the plus button to get a random and totally unique idea in the form of a starting line. There are hundreds of completely original ideas to start from.
• On the bus, in the break room, anywhere you are, Prompts helps you become a better writer and build a writing habit with just a few minutes a day.
• Share your writing by email, Twitter, Facebook, Evernote, or Day One
Write full screen and swipe down to bring the menu back into view. It's a great way to write without distractions, using as much of the screen as possible!
Set daily reminders to keep your writing habits healthy, bookmark the projects you're working on, and even monitor your writing stats to see which days and times you're at your best. Adjust font style and size to match your writing style, whatever style that is for you.
Whether you want to write more just for fun or if you write for a profession, you are going to love how Prompts helps you write.
Prompts is perfect for writers, bloggers, journalists, educators and students (college or kids), copywriters, marketers, or anyone who just likes to write.
What's New in Version 1.7.7
• Fixed issue with daily goals
• Additional bug fixes and small improvements
• Updated daily reminder with inspirational quotes
Just write away...
I was waiting for a app that let me throw all of my ideas on digital paper. It's very useful when you don't have a notebook around you, just to create stories, poetry, ideas, and etc. Plus it tracks the amount of words you write, usage of app, set a goal for word count, and little bit extra. I just wish more features are added (but not much to complain).
One of the biggest challenges In writing is getting started. I can never figure out what the first line should be. Prompts has helped me tremendously with thoughtful sentence starters.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 10, 2017
- Version: 1.7.7
- Size: 2.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tanner Christensen
- © 2017 Tanner Christensen
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.