Dino Walk: Continental Drift & Ice Age Period
By Vito Technology Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dino Walk will show you the biological and geological changes our world has undergone in the past 600 million years. This app is like an experimental laboratory that will introduce you to continental drift and will tell you what animals and plants inhabited Earth in each period.
-=Best App for Kids=-
-=Educational Appstore Recommended=-
-=App Store Best of 2013 - Engaging Education Apps=-
Millions of years ago the Earth looked quite different from today. This app is a stunning visualization of a billion-year-long change happening in less than a minute. It will also show you who inhabited the planet in respective time periods and tell you all about them.
“Shows numerous geological periods from Earth's history, and the species that lived in these times. Provides a cool animated look at how the continents have split, collided, and reformed. Good social-media integration. Challenging quiz section.” - BY Tony Hoffman, PC Mag
"Dino Walk: Continental Drift is brilliant app, it will appeal to children of all ages. Young children will love moving the earth and exploring the animals and plants from different time periods. While older children will love reading the facts and taking the quiz. I love how easy it is to use and to navigate." - by Ruth at AppyMall
"Dino Walk: Continental Drift offers an interactive globe to explore a billion years worth of changes to the earth – and focuses on the dinosaur and animal species that have inhabited our planet." - by Patrick Jordan at iPad Insight
What you get:
- An interactive globe: zoom-in and zoom-out, tap the cards, read info
- A Time Machine that can travel to Proterozoic, Jurassic, Triassic, and modern days: the map of Earth will change accordingly, the species will correspond to the Era you’ve traveled to
- Over 500 prehistoric species and over 500 modern species that are put to the place where they live on Earth
- Quiz: check your knowledge on species that inhabit Earth in different periods
The educational series of Walk apps by Vito Technology includes Star Walk, Solar Walk and Geo Walk and has been recognized by teachers and parents all over the world.
- Does not contain 3rd party ads.
- Does not contain in-app purchases.
- No Internet connection is required
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- iOS 10 ready
- Bug fixes
Good start need tweaks
This review is only for the Apple TV version of the app. The space mystic music is too loud and competes with the voice over when you click play on a certain item. You turn up the volume to hear the voice tell you about the item but the music raises with it (obviously) and drowns out the voice.
Great but needs redesign
Thanks for the awesome app. Some feedback:
1. The species should appear on the map only in the age during which they lived.
2. Quiz mode is hopelessly difficult and long. Make it a lot simpler to cater to a broad audience. Also, gamify it more.
Lethargic. Had to reinstall a couple times. Sound didn't work at first. Stalls a lot. Have to restart the app. Needs updates....
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 28, 2016
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 387 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Vito Technology Inc.
- © Vito Technology Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes