Dispatch: Email meets GTD with TextExpander snippets
By Clean Shaven Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dispatch makes it easy to act on emails even when you're on the move.
It lets you get rid of mails by swiping, respond faster with snippets, and process your mails with other apps.
WHAT REVIEWERS SAY
"App Store Best of 2013" in 5 countries
"Everybody is trying to revolutionize email these days… For me, it has succeeded." — Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"The best iPhone email app for power users" — Robert McGinley Myers, The Sweet Setup
"Dispatch is the iPhone e-mail client I have been looking for for years" — Charlie Sorrel, Cult of Mac
"Dispatch is quite possibly the best third party email client I've ever used for iPhone… If you're buried in emails, you need this app now!" — Allyson Kazmucha, iMore.com
RESPOND FASTER WITH SNIPPETS
Typing the same thing over and over again?
Store frequently used replies as snippets* and reuse them the next time you get a similar question.
Heck—we even say 'Hi' for you when replying an email so you can cut to the chase.
* Dispatch also supports “TextExpander touch snippet expansion” (sold separately).
Dispatch talks to 31 apps. For example, you can:
• Archive important mails to Evernote
• Save links to read later with Pocket
• Create tasks in OmniFocus & Things
• Set reminders in Reminders or Due
Other apps include: 1Password, 2 Days, Appigo Todo, Asana, Chrome, Clear, Dolphin Browser, Drafts, Droplr, Fantastical, Finish, Google Maps, Google Translate, HockeyApp, Instapaper, Message, Pocket, Readability, Reminder, Safari, Skype, The Hit List.
See http://www.dispatchapp.net/apps for full list.
IT'S OK TO MAKE MISTAKES
Getting rid of mails is fun in Dispatch.
But in case you get too excited with the housekeeping, you can always undo your last delete, archive or move action (for about 4 seconds).
BACKGROUND FETCH, NOTIFICATIONS AND BADGES
Fetches* and notifies you of new emails when possible, even if Dispatch is not actively running. Optionally, choose to badge up Dispatch with the number of unread emails for all or just some of your accounts.
* This is NOT push. The background fetch interval is determined by iOS based on frequency of usage and other factors. We have no plans for push.
FIND WHAT YOU NEED
Search your Inbox and Archive folders. Narrow down the email you're looking for by building up multiple search terms, eg. Sender contains 'John', Recipients contains 'Sharon', and Subject contains 'Meeting'.
AND MANY MORE…
• Attach inline images from Camera Roll
• Alias support: Send and reply from another email address (server permitting)
• View the raw source of emails
LOCALIZED FOR 10 LANGUAGES
Fully localized in English, Deutsch, 日本語, Italiano, Nederlands, Español, Français, Português brasileiro, 简体中文, 繁體中文.
Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 8 or later.
Supports IMAP-based email accounts. Tested to work with: Gmail, Google Apps, iCloud, AOL, Yahoo!, FastMail, QQ.com, GMX.com, Openmailbox.org.
Users have reported problems with the following services: Office 365, Yahoo Business Mail, Dreamhost, Live.com. We do not recommend buying Dispatch if you're using any of these services.
Mail servers not listed above require additional configuration, or may fail to work.
Please take note of the limitations Dispatch has compared with the built-in Mail app:
- No push notifications for emails (no plans for it)
- No support for POP/Exchange-based email (no plans for it)
- No access to drafts stored in Dispatch from other mail apps
- No landscape mode, S/MIME encryption
- Can only attach images
What's New in Version 2.3
• Touch ID support
• New Action: Send to 2Do app
• New Action: Send to WhatsApp
• Added support for the new Drafts 4
• In-app browser with 1Password support
• Fixed: Attachments not accessible in iPhone 6 Plus
A great app concept that's just not hitting my needs
This mail app seems o be the closest to targeting what I would like to see in a mobile app, and I've tried a lot. The two things that bug me most are clearly mentioned as limitations by the developers, so although I wish they would change their minds, I can't fault them for that. Namely, that there is no iPad support (no landscape version either, so although iPad will run the app it's not very usable) and that drafts you start in the app are not accessible elsewhere (e.g. Gmail).
A couple of things that are not mentioned by he development team in the app description:
Although there is a feature to allow for auto-greeting, you have to scroll down to see the greeting they've inserted. Also, if the personal doesn't have their name on the email account they're responding from, Dispatch just grabs the person's email handle, and doesn't give you an error or notification, which looks pretty awkward (e.g. "Hi Smithy0168,")
Also, when you add a task to Omnifocus the original message is not accessible except through Dispatch. They create a link unique to this program, and since there is no Mac or iPad version, I have to look up the original message again.
Near EPIC but for a few things...
This is a great email client, and I feel like I have tried them all, on multiple platforms, on dozens of devices. But my perfect emailer would have all that Dispatch has, plus these items:
* Automatic setup on install: all of our email accounts are already set up (Apple Mail, Gmail, etc.) so why make us do that all over again? Okay, how about just entering the P/W for each found account. That would be ok.
* Icon notifications and background push of emails? Seems like a given, but currently missing.
Well, those are the only minor dings that I could find… oh, the dropbox interface is confusing, there is a way to both insert a link or insert the actual file/photo into your outgoing, and the taps are in different places in the interface… cumbersome and confusing.
Good start...2 easy fixes for a 5star
Love this app. Think it's a great new way to address the antiquity of email. However, some of the functionality of the app is counterintuitive. Some basic easy fixes would make this a 5 star app.
1) LACKS PUSH NOTIFICATIONS- This is almost a deal breaker. Some reviewers claim it is pretty good at fetching, but not for me. The only time I receive a push email is when I wake up after 6 hours. Truly baffling that devs have "no plan" for this.
2) ACTIONS MENU TAKES TOO LONG TO ACCESS -in order to get to the app menu where I want to dispatch my email to, I have to open up the email and tap a button rather than being able to access the app menu via swipe from the inbox view. Could easily long press or swipe right on inbox view to access this menu. Is it really necessary to use the "swipe right" function to get to your settings? Seems like a major waste of time for an app self-proclaiming it's a "GTD" app.
3) BUGGY - for a $5 app, most people expect fluidity. This app crashes daily, has issues with badge notification, and has issues uploading docs from iCloud.
4) NEEDS MORE CUSTOMIZATION - choice to archive when email is sent, but not when dispatched. The whole
Point is to get to inbox 0, just archive the message that I dispatch so I don't have to go through the extra step.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 12, 2014
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 30.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Clean Shaven Apps Pte. Ltd.
- © Clean Shaven Apps Pte. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.