By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group. Say more with photos, stickers, and emoji.
• Include all your friends with group chats for up to 150 people.
• Say more with status messages, photos, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
• Easily share your current location to any conversation with Maps integration.
• Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
• Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
• Connect your Google Voice account for phone number, SMS, and voicemail integration.
• Keep in touch with friends across all your devices.
• Message friends anytime, even if they're offline.
• Manage mobile app remotely with Google Cloud.
Note: Mobile carrier and ISP charges may apply. Calls to Hangouts users are free, but other calls might be charged.
What's New in Version 19.0.0
• Performance improvements and bug fixes
Never stop supporting it!!!
I've been using Google Hangouts since 2013 as one of my main forms of communication. I've liked the interface for all the years I've used it and all of the improvements from sending multiple photos to sending your location to your friend(s), to even the animated emoji gumdrop gifs that you could send dubbed "stickers" (which are still cute as hell)!
It's basically a triple threat app that needs to still be relevant if Google expects to compete with Apple in any way. It has FaceTime, Phone, and iMessage all in one and it's taken for granted every single day as it loses support for the newer apps like Allo and Duo.
It's frustrating to see Allo and Duo catch on when they're two separate apps that can do what Hangouts has been doing for years.
Keep it around, update it, don't let it die!
Update: On iOS 11.0.3, it seems it’s having some issues with photos? Whenever I try to go to my photos directly inside the app and share a photo, it won’t let me. It’ll tell me to Cancel or Choose, and when I tap Choose, it slide over and shows the photo with no way to go back to typing or viewing my conversation. I have to forcibly close the app. Another issue would be that it won’t let me share my gifs via the share extension. It does allow me to share, but it freezes the gifs in place, making them a still.
I hope you guys resolve this problem. It’s a great app that still deserves support.
Been on Hangouts since Google Talk days.
Love where it's come along, and on iOS I love the refinements. If I could add in a minor suggestion to make the overall user experience even better ... When viewing sent photos from other group members in full screen, it'd be nice to have the same swipe down gesture to return to the chat, much like in iMessage or in Facebook, or Facebook Messenger. It seems to be a universal iOS gesture and would be a nice feature to have.
Also, much like the styles of iMessage and Facebook messenger, within a group's chat options, there is viewing pane of all the sent picture attachments and videos all piled together in thumbnails. That too would be excellent!! All that is missing from 5 stars IMO.
I have been using Hangouts before it was Hangouts. Save your phone minutes, screen your calls before answering them or let certain calls through to you automatically without them having to wait. If someone is bugging you, block their number and let them think your number has been disconnected by choosing that option. It'll act like your personal assistant, w/o the cost of one. What a great phone number & you can have it notify you on any of many numerous type computers all at once or in a certain order of succession or on one TV's for instance, they just need internet access.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Sep 18, 2017
- Version: 19.0.0
- Size: 98.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.