By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group. Say more with photos, stickers, and emoji.
• Include all your friends with group chats for up to 150 people.
• Say more with status messages, photos, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
• Easily share your current location to any conversation with Maps integration.
• Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
• Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
• Connect your Google Voice account for phone number, SMS, and voicemail integration.
• Keep in touch with friends across all your devices.
• Message friends anytime, even if they're offline.
• Manage mobile app remotely with Google Cloud.
Note: Mobile carrier and ISP charges may apply. Calls to Hangouts users are free, but other calls might be charged.
What's New in Version 15.0.0
• Bug fixes
lots of potential with little improvement over the last year
I can see this app becoming my soul communications app with my friends and family through text messaging and calls. Already, I use this along with my Gmail and it works great! There are just a few major bugs that need to be worked out before I can start recommending this as a full solution. First, lots of calls get dropped when people call with their phone. This makes it almost useless as a professional level app for calls. This app also starts lagging after while. But most frustrating of all, there is no way to add phone numbers to your contacts and it does not import your contacts list from your phone. This is a problem that has always been there and even though it has been requested many times, there seems to be a little motivation for the developers to fix it. I applied to google team for getting a minimum viable product to market, but now, it needs to be polished into something that's actually amazing! There's just a few things here and there that could really be changed and that would make this app 1 million times better. Please google,, Don't stop development on this fantastic app! That's the only reason for the low rating, is the lack of development and progress that I've seen over the last year of using Google hangouts full-time.
A total lifesaver!
The first time somebody asked me if I wanted to watch a google hangout was 1985, and that turned out to be a nude beach- mostly dudes with their googles all hanging out.
My point is that there is value in clear communication, which this service, and the app through which it is realized, offers splendidly. My need was for a more reliable SMS service to keep in touch with friends and colleagues who may not have iPhones or even a traditional texting plan, and Hangouts has been the most stable, functioning reliably across all platforms.
Minus one star because I'll sometimes need to transfer a small file, p2p, and Hangouts doesn't seem to make that as easy as they could.
Offers a great service for overseas and random access use. But, the app tends to experience issues with minimum operating specs. Occasionally sessions lock up; call session freezes leaving the caller unable to place a call back to the original receiver. Encounter moments where, even after resetting my device, I would come back and still see myself logged in a conversation with me still logged into a conversation both my receiver and myself are still locked into. It's weird actually, but I guess when you receive free service - expect some glitches. Overall, the app serves to provide an excellent way to communicate when you don't desire to pay huge monthly premiums. Toll free calls are great!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 17, 2017
- Version: 15.0.0
- Size: 97.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.