By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group. Say more with photos, stickers, and emoji.
• Include all your friends with group chats for up to 150 people.
• Say more with status messages, photos, maps, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
• Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
• Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
• Connect your Google Voice account for phone number, SMS, and voicemail integration.
• Keep in touch with friends across all your devices.
• Message friends anytime, even if they're offline.
• Manage mobile app remotely with Google for Work.
Note: Mobile carrier and ISP charges may apply. Calls to Hangouts users are free, but other calls might be charged.
What's New in Version 10.0.0
● Link sharing for inviting others to a call
● Support for universal links for direct access to the app
● Bug fixes and visual improvements
Eh could be better
It's not the worst thing ever but it needs improvement in many, MANY ways. It also gets annoying in ways too, well for the annoying part, whenever I tried to type on like, ( I'm on iPad ) the right side, I apparently click the call thing that's on the side " drag to start video call " or whatever, and after I click it and then try to type it always brings my typing thing down and I have to restart the app because I can't type. This gets very annoying. Me and my best friend meet up on hangouts, and then usually go to roblox to play some games together, but we usually go in call because some of the games hashtag like EVERYTHING. The call quality is very bad. It glitches out and makes static noises. Screen sharing freezes and video call is HORRIBLE. Screen freezes like every five seconds and takes FOREVER to unfreeze,and sometimes the call randomly hangs up. So when me and my friend go to play ROBLOX, we always use Skype instead. I would recommend Skype more then hangouts :U
The app itself is nice to have on your phone but it needs several improvements:
1. The notifications don't update if you're chatting on your computer and/or on the phone at the same time but then exit the app. There should be an option to remove notifications from your phone when they are read elsewhere OR to leave them there.
2. The reply feature pull down on my iPhone clears out when I tap to go to the app. It's super frustrating after a long message I've typed out because I can't type more in the quick reply part & then lose my whole message as it's opening the hangouts app that I almost don't reply to the message at all I'm so frustrated at that point.
3. The interface is lacking & really could be integrated with other things on the phone much easier than it currently is.
4. I can't use this to replace my default messaging app because it doesn't allow for that kind of integration. Apple may be a big part of this, but I still think Google is being petty with Apple back to the 2012 'you can't have turn by turn directions' dispute that caused Google maps to no longer be the native app on the iPhone.
Maybe if some of these things get fixed my rating will go up!
It's a great alternate to texting.
I downloaded this app after receiving a recommendation from a friend. I would recommend you download it if you want to have social access through call, text, or video chat. It's effective, and similar to skype, but one thing I'd criticize is its lack of profile customization. It takes certain things from Google+ and you choose your own profile picture, but besides that all you have is one short bio that people can only read the first thirty characters of. So my request to the designer(s) is more opportunities to customize your account and make it resemble the user as much as he/she wishes. All in all, I think it's a great app that greatly resembles the skype app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 01, 2016
- Version: 10.0.0
- Size: 55.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.