Add visually stunning and inspirational text overlays to your photos!
With just a few touches you can easily create amazing looking photos with inspirational quotes, informative text, or funny sayings. Text is easily positioned using pinch and twist gestures. Change colors and choose from over 120 fonts!
Font isn't just for text... apply Instagram like filters to your photos before adding text, crop and position your photo using the same pinch and twist gestures.
Be creative, use landmarks in the photo to replace letters, tell a story through your images.
Share your masterpiece on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Be sure to hashtag your images with #font and we'll pick our favorites each week and feature them on our website!
- Over 120+ Fonts to Choose From
- NEW! Shapes Just Added, Over 50 to Choose From!
- 20 Instagram Style Filters to Use on Your Photos
- Beautifully Designed User Interface
- Easily Change Color, Size, and Position of Text
- Crop to Square Instagram Photos or Keep Beautiful Full Res Images
- Save or Share on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Font Free is a free version of the popular app Font. It has only a fraction of the 120+ fonts available in the full version and will display a watermark when sharing/saving your photos. Upgrade to the full version to unlock all fonts and remove watermark.
Please leave feedback and let us know how we can improve Font. We love hearing from our fans! And be sure to share your best creations with the hashtag #font
We'll feature our favorites on our website!
Font requires that you allow it to access your Photos. You will be prompted when the app first loads to allow this. If you deny Font access you will not see any of your photo album photos. You will then need to manually allow access by going to SETTINGS > PRIVACY > PHOTOS and set Font to On.
- iOS7 Compatibility
- In App Purchase Bug Fix
Ratings and Reviews
Crashes often, no edit option
I want to give this app 5 stars - I really do - but there are a handful of frustrating things about it that just won't let me. The biggest frustration I have with this app is that it has crashed almost every time I've used it. I liked the concept of the app so I upgraded and paid $1.99, only to realize that about every other time I try to use a filter on the photo, the app crashes. I've lost lots of work and it's just frustrating.
It's also a bummer that you can't seem to edit a font once you put it on the photo. Sometimes the color or font that you chose isn't vibing with the photo and your only option is to delete it and start over. If I've missed something, please let me know!
Lastly, some of the fonts only include letters - so if you try to put a date for example, the font and number will look completely different.
If the above issues are corrected this app would easily get 5+ stars! Thank you for the concept.
Only free for awhile?
The fonts are great but here are a few issues:
1) Downloaded the free version and after making a few images it won't let me make anymore without upgrading, it has a cancel and return to original app option but it just kicks you back to the purchase page
2) Once you enter your text if you don't like it on the page you have to re-type it which can be frustrating instead of being able to just re-open the text editor
3) there is no "back" feature
4) There is no option to access a folder other than just the camera, I have several folders and can't access anything that is not saved to the Camera folder
It's a good program, but it needs a few tweeks.
Love this app.
I love this app. Adding text is a breeze with varying opacity. You can adjust the size and alignment, add a watermark, layer fonts, etc. it also makes for easy Instagram cropping by leaving black bars along the side or top and bottom to create a square.
- Brandon Abbott
- 17.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 Brandon Abbott
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version Upgrade $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.