7 Minute Workout Challenge
By Fitness Guide Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The "7 Minute Workout" is a research-backed workout program that has become an international hit!
Published in the leading research journal ACSM, and then popularized by the NYT, the "7 Minute Workout" is simple but effective.
Researchers have selected 12 exercises that are performed for 30 seconds with 10 second rest intervals. This high-intensity training with little rest results in higher daily metabolism and is the equivalent of working out for over an hour - for only slightly longer than 7 minutes.
The best part? The exercises are simple to perform, do not require any equipment, and therefore, can be done anywhere! NO MORE EXCUSES.
This app takes this research-proven workout and guides you through the process. Further, it tracks your results, and makes it fun by allowing you to unlock rewards as you continue working out.
App features include:
- stunning design
- both male and female trainers that guide you by video, audio, image and text
- all content is INCLUDED (no additional charges, and no need for internet connectivity)
- track your weight with our weight tracker
- track your activity with our activity calendar
- workout and unlock various achievements
- full AirPlay support to exercise using your TV
We are dedicated fitness professionals and app developers. We strive to make the highest quality products - if you have any suggestions, feel free to contact us. Our apps are regularly updated at no charge.
What's New in Version 1.4
We have spent the last several months working hard on this free update, so we hope you enjoy it! If you have a moment, please leave us a written review on iTunes - it really helps us out more than you would imagine. If you have already written us a review, please update it. Thank you!
What’s new with this update?
- fixed critical bug for iOS 7.1 that was causing crashing
- We have added three additional workout packs to the app for a total of 36 new exercises. The workouts were designed with the help of fitness instructors to ensure it complies with the principles of the 7 minute workout. There are two ways to unlock the workouts: if you workout regularly with the app, the workouts can be unlocked for free. If you want them immediately, we have provided the option to purchase the workouts individually. Try to unlock the workouts for free by simply keeping up with the challenge!
- 4 new achievements can now be unlocked
- added option to change the rest duration between workout cycles
- AirPlay support for iPhone users is now enabled
- post your achievements directly to Facebook and Twitter after earning them
- app will continue to play when your device is on lock
- app will alert you when to switch sides for exercises that require you to alternate your body position
- changed some of the audio cues to make them easier to understand
- weight tracker and calendar have new improved appearances
- you can set what time the workout alert timer should go off
- fixed several bugs including those involving achievements (they will be corrected retroactively)
- fixed some translation errors and added support for Thai, Vietnamese and Russian
THANK YOU for making us the #1 fitness app on the iOS platform! Again, if you have a moment, please leave us a review.
7minutes to love
I downloaded this about a week and a half ago and am still going strong. The exercises are well designed and really give a total body workout. A couple of them were too difficult for me but with the help of a friend I have been able to compensate. The achievements really motivate me! I love getting that little panel of what I have accomplished after every workout.
I have two critiques, and I feel they are minor points to how great this is overall. If you are someone, like me, who is looking for big results but is seriously out of shape one 7minute circuit is not going to be enough. I had a friend who is a personal trainer and she helped me navigate how to optimize. For someone who doesn't have that they may not understand the best way to use this app. I think adding a feature where folks who have purchased can get that kind of advice would be amazing. Also (and this is just a silly thing and the gamer in me) I think it would be awesome if we could define our own achievements. It would add an extra level of motivation and make it really fun.
This is my first attempt to work out after having my son. He's 2 so it's long overdue and I was afraid of jumping into something too difficult. I love this routine. I used to do p90x and liked it but the one I have is the first one where the workouts are 40 minutes or more. That doesn't work when you have to cram eating and showering in during naptime. This is perfect. There's no excuse for me as far as time. I've been using it a week and I already feel stronger in my core and hubby says I have more energy and tone ;) thank you for making a compact workout. PERFECT mom workout! My only suggestion is to add in a way to track measurements like waist, thighs, biceps, etc because muscle weighs more than fat. That means sizes might go down but weight might not drop. Just another way to motivate and track change.
Extremely Disappointed, but it gets the job done.
There is no variety in this app except for the 12 exercises you start with. I wish I would have researched a little more to see that there were 10 apps that already existed for free with the exact same exercises and features. Do your research before purchasing. I don't like that in order to unlock more exercise and I have to work out two weeks consecutively then a month then two months consecutively or pay a $1.99 to open and unlock those additional exercises which are probably just as plain and boring as the other ones. I'll continue to search and will probably find the exact kind of app with in the app store that exist for free. Of course I will continue to use the app because I paid for but again, In the future I will do my research.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Mar 10, 2014
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 78.6 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Ariyana Felfeli
- © 2013 Fitness Guide
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bonus Workout Pack 1$1.99
- Bonus Workout Pack 2$1.99
- Bonus Workout Pack 3$0.99
- Bonus Workout Pack 1Free
- Bonus Workout Pack 2Free
- Bonus Workout Pack 3Free