The 1846 War in Wellington app features walking and driving tours of sites relating to the New Zealand Wars in and around Wellington. The information is based on David Green 'Battlefields of the New Zealand Wars: A Visitor's Guide', Penguin, 2010. This book provides clear directions to sites around the country as well as interpretation by one of the top historians of the New Zealand Wars period.
A comprehensive survey of the main battles of the New Zealand Wars including map locations for many sites, can be found on NZHistory: http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/taxonomy/term/214
For Waikato War sites, you might also be interested in this app developed by the New Zealand Historic Places Trust: http://www.hamiltonwaikato.com/the-waikato-war
We'd value your feedback on this app - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. We advise you to quit the app when finished.
Completely new design and features such as:
- support for the Apple watch
- get alerts when you reach stops on a tour
- Ministry for Culture and Heritage
- 60.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Manatū Taonga - Ministry for Culture and Heritage
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.