Genius is the world’s biggest collection of song lyrics, videos and crowdsourced musical knowledge.
SEARCH 1.7 MILLION+ SONGS
Find annotated lyrics for all your favorite songs, or browse what's hot on Genius.
VIEW GENIUS VIDEOS
Watch interviews with your favorite artists about the music you love.
TAP HIGHLIGHTED LINES TO READ ANNOTATIONS
Explore a world of knowledge, crowdsourced from millions of obsessed fans – the Genius community.
GET THE FACTS BEHIND THE TRACKS
With verified content from artists and producers.
FIND LYRICS FOR THE SONGS PLAYING AROUND YOU
Hold your phone up to the music, tap the soundwave button (powered by ACRCloud), and lo, the annotated lyrics appear. You can also easily navigate the lyrics for all the songs in your iTunes library.
ANNOTATE THE WORLD FROM ANYWHERE
You’re the genius: highlight some text, tap “Annotate,” and share your knowledge.
Thank you for using Genius! We've been hard at work making the app better for you. Here's what's new in this release:
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good overall but has some glitches
I love the app. I love the interface and the way you navigate throughout the app. But a few things that are really irritating and annoying are:
1. When you watch the videos in the app and you try to flip your device sideways the video will stay in the upright position (even with lock rotation on allowing you to freely move your portrait), which is annoying since the picture is already as small as it is.
2. There is a feature in the app where in a song you can take a picture given to you from the artist or your own picture and take lyrics from a particular song and put it over the picture. It makes for a cool background but every time i want to make one right before i save it to my camera roll the app decides to crash. It’s a bummer because i can’t find a way to get around it.
3. When you download the app you can sign into a profile like any other app now but in Genius your profile is almost meaningless. They make it out like you can personalize your profile based on your style of music, which seems cool, but is not really the case. If you sign into google it takes your google account picture and makes it your profile picture without giving you a way to change it later. Overall the profile tab seems worthless now, but could be better in the future.
Great app overall tho, 4.5 / 5.
Great when it works, which isn’t now (ok now it is)
After the latest update did nothing to fix Genius’s many issues, i deleted and reinstalled the app, and it’s been working quite well since, so I bumped the rating back up, but I’m going to leave my original review in case said problems come back. Plus it’s a handy guide to the types of issues that in my case at least could be addressed with reinstallation. I looooooove Genius, a treasure trove of hidden insights into songs you already love and thought you knew, as well as a portal for discovering new music you haven’t had a chance to love yet. Problem is, over the last 2 or 3 updates, it’s become a chore to interact with, frequently freezing on the very first screen. Today was the first day in ~two weeks that I’ve even been able to get to the search bar, and only then by popping in Siri and then exiting. The app hung with me as I perused four annotations on one song, but when I tried to follow a link to a different song in the fourth annotation, *CRASH*. Started the app back up, frozen at the home screen, and this time summoning SIRI was no help.
For the past two weeks I’ve wanted to see if there are any good annotations for Deerhunter songs. The app in its current state deserves one star, but I gave it two just because Genius is so wonderful...when it actually works.
this was my FAVORITE app to read lyrics on. as an animator and story artists that loves to use songs with my creations, this was my heaven. I LIVED for the feature where I could listen and read the lyrics AT THE SAME TIME. But now I can’t listen to it without getting the stupid “Apple Music” crap. I’m poor man. I don’t have money to spare for a streaming service when there are others that work perfectly fine! And in some cases, there isn’t even an option to PLAY the song! Total BS. Bring it back to the original and stop worrying about partnerships with apple. Please. Also!!!! This app seems to prioritize rap songs. Which I have literally nothing against, I listen to rap and it’s handy when I want the lyrics. But it’s not handy when I’m looking for a song that’s not as mainstream (which I also get is going to be harder to find, but when it’s buried underneath tons of rap songs that only have the lyrics of the worlds I typed in and that’s not the NAME, it gets annoying) I can’t find it! I can see are lyrical keywords, and not the actual song TITLES. Annoying. I get it helps, but have the songs titles first man.
- Genius Media Group Inc.
- 71 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2013 Genius Media Group Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.