By Black Pants Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* Winner of the IGF 2014 Student Showcase *
Symmetrain, high score chase in symmetry!
Choose your train and spot all differences as quickly as you can while driving from train station to train station. But be aware, every mistake delays your train until it disappears out of view. Don't let this happen! Use the emergency brake in tricky passages and bring all passengers safely to the next train station.
Challenge your friends and show them who has the best reaction and highest high score while mastering faster trains in different landscapes!
++ Pocketgamer.co.uk quote ++
“It's an ingenious concept, and it works well in practice. The controls are simple and responsive, and the whole thing is lifted by some excellent, picturebook-style hand-drawn artwork.”
- Eight trains to unlock and play. each with a different speed, look and travel route.
- Dynamic generated game play – every challenge is a new challenge!
- A game for everyone – easy trains for beginners and children, faster and more difficult trains as you improve.
- A picturesque world full of lovely hand-drawn graphics
- A smooth guitar soundtrack that you will not forget
- Game Center integration and iCloud synchronization - compete against your friends for the ultimate highscore!
What's New in Version 1.2.1
* We are taking bugs very serious. If you encounter any problems on your device or have suggestions, we are happy to hear about them! http://blackpants.de/support
Such an awesome game with a unique idea!
This is my first review so I hope you all can bear with me. I haven't unlocked all the trains yet, but so far I am having an awesome time with this game. From the peaceful music to the great artwork, Symmetrain keeps me wanting to play more. The game's unique twist in the "Find the Difference" game genre is its vital component and its a hook that captures me every time I open up the app. My body tenses up when I see that my train is catching up to a bundle of trees or buildings, and I have to pull my red emergency brake to slow down and catch the differences. What is also great is that when I don't feel like having my heart race, I can choose the "Extra" train to play a more quiet, serene level and just enjoy. I think people of all ages would love this game. It's something different, something new, something relaxing, but also exciting! (Can't wait to get the "Bullet" train!)
Beautiful hand drawn art tests your pairing ability
As the train travels the countryside you try to mirror the objects on both sides of the track by clicking on the spot that is missing it's mirrored pair (tree, field, house, etc).
Fast speed and touch sensitivity ultimately makes this idyllic game stressful so maybe an option for meandering train would be good for those of us that want a non-competitive game to relax by.
Great Way To Pass The Time
This game is a great twist on the classic game of spotting the difference. Its really fun, it speeds up to keep you entertained and its a great way to pass time.
The music to the game is also very soothing to listen to while playing. I would recommend this game to anyone. I also love the title just because its quite corny haha.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 11, 2013
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 45.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Black Pants Studio GmbH
- © Philipp Beau 2013, Daniel Goffin 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.