By Tai Shimizu
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Filterstorm Neue provides you with all the photo editing tools you need; everything from powerful masking tools to simple pre-made filters. It has been rewritten to to be faster, easier to use, and to take full advantage of your device’s hardware. Photojournalists will enjoy features like FTP and IPTC metadata with code replacements (see website for more details), purists can use curves and masking to dodge and burn, and iPhoneographers of all skill levels can enjoy the set of photo effects included. Combine this feature set with the beautiful fluid new interface and you have a photo editing package that can’t be beat.
To see a comparison of features between Filterstorm Neue and classic Filterstorm, visit http://filterstorm.com
• Black & White
• Curves (RGB, Individual Channel, and Luminance)
• Reduce Noise
• Temperature / White Point
• Tone Map
• Add Exposure
• Make Square
• Bleach Bypass
• X Process
• Brush/Smart Brush/Eraser
• Color Range
Normal, Overlay, Screen, Multiply, Divide, Add, Subtract, Color Dodge, Color Burn, Hard Light, Soft Light, Hue, Luminosity, Saturation
• Edit iPhone pictures at full size
• 10-step undo history*
• IPTC metadata
• IPTC sets
• Code Replacements
• Export to photo library, other apps, twitter, and email via the standard system file sharing tool.
• FTP Export
• JPEG, TIFF, PNG Export
• Export via standard system controls (open in other apps, save to library, tweet, email, etc.)
• Option to open RAW files using DCRaw (increases load times)
• Interface color scheme based on the photo you’re editing
• Option to use grayscale interface
Tiling allows you to edit images larger than the maximum texture size of your GPU (4096x4096 on newer devices, 2048x2048 on iPhone4). Since iPhone pictures are less than the maximum texture size since the iPhone 4S, you can edit at full size without this feature on most phones.
*This feature is currently unavailable when using image tiling
What's New in Version 1.2
If you like Filterstorm Neue, please remember to rate or review!
• Smart Brush masking tool
• Tilt/Shift effect tool (currently only available on untiled images)
• Automations (presets)
• Updated Slider Controls
• Color Filter
• Ability to manually set contrast adjustment for tone mapping
• Increased maximum tone mapping strength
• Vignette center point now settable
• Updates RAW support
• Improves Tiff compression on some devices in certain situations.
• Exported images now default to original filename
• Adds Darken/Lighten blend modes
• Changes B&W sliders to go from 0–3x, rather than 0–2x, allowing 1 channel to scale to cover the whole range.
• If there’s a photo in your clipboard, tapping the photos button will ask you whether to paste or open from the image library
• Fixes bug where the grayscale interface option wouldn’t put the status bar background into grayscale
• Fixes bug where software would appear as “Inkist” in EXIF data
One of the best
I am not sure why this application has not seen more love from the photographic community. It is incredibly powerful and super fast. The feature set is just astounding. It has the most intuitive interface for selecting areas to paint effects on to the image. It is not a generic 1-button and apply a look to the picture but if you really love editing and detailing your pictures this is the best app out there.
Best photo app on ipad
I believe this is the fastest, strongest, and most versatile photo editing app on the ipad. Please someone prove me wrong, until then thank you filterstorm for crushing the game!
but still waiting for layers!!!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 21, 2014
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Tai Shimizu
- © Tai Shimizu
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.