The Xbox app brings together your friends, games, and accomplishments from across your devices. Stay connected to your gaming community on the go, control your Xbox One from the app, and buy new games from the store. With your gaming life all in one place, the Xbox app keeps you connected to the games and gamers that matter most.
On the go:
• Join Xbox Live Clubs to interact with like-minded gamers
• Use Looking for Group (LFG) to find a party to play a game
• Stay connected with multi-user conversations in Group Messaging
• See what friends are up to on Xbox Live
• Share updates and game clips
• Watch and interact with game content
• Buy games from the store
With an Xbox One:
• Use the app to navigate using your device’s keyboard and touch
• Use the app as a media controller for your Xbox One (play, pause, etc)
With this update we've fixed:
• Compatibility issues with the iPhone XS Max
• General app crashes
• General navigation performance
• Indefinite spinner when searching for a group to game with
Thank you for using the Xbox mobile app. We are committed to listening to your feedback and providing the best companion gaming experience possible.
Some features may not be available in all markets.
Ratings and Reviews
Great but has some bugs
I really really like smartglass. It's interconnected with Microsoft products and for the most part works pretty well. On the other hand, there are definitely some issues. Data on the console and data on the game are not always synced. You may have deleted a msg on console but that same msg may appear unread on the app. The remote function is iffy at best. Sometimes it will connect and sometimes it tells you to turn features on in the settings of your console. Not only that, the setting feature that it directs you to does not exist. Well it exist, but it is not setup to change device settings. And yes I am on the same network, in case you were asking yourself that question. The app also crashes ALOT. Leaving the app running in the background of my iPhone 6+ is a sure way to an app crash around the second or third reopen without clearing running apps. Regardless of these minor hiccups in functionality and usability, the Xbox app is likely my top 3 favorite apps. It's fast. It's responsive. It's involved. Furthermore, does exactly what I want it to do and that is to connect with online friends, family and game community. The bugs, to say the least, are neck and neck to tie last place on a long list of "Things that give me a headache each day." I'm sure an entry level software engineer could fix the lows with some testing. Later. And give me a job lol😐😬
Pros and cons of Xbox one
Here’s a few cons of having Xbox one basically the call duty points are geared so that if anything goes wrong and you don’t receive the points when you buy them Xbox customer service tells you not our problem deal with the other company even though they take your money another con they made an Xbox one acts recently that’s going to be available for sale soon and that is basically so you can use it with a 4K TV and I think if I understand correctly it has a faster processorWhich I thought the Xbox one was going to kind of cover and don’t get me wrong there’s tons of pros I can’t even begin to list all them I’ll always have an Xbox Consoland I’ll always recommend it To friends family anyone because it is legitimately the best gaming console there is and that’s not my opinion That’s just a known fact it’s always been that way I mean PlayStation tries to catch up and I try hard but it’ll always come down to Xbox being the ultimate gaming experience once again not my opinion it’s an actual fact well I guess it’s like a love hate relationship with you guys and Xbox because you do all me quite a bit of money for a lost cod points but I can forget that I guess
Definitely top 10 worst apps in the App Store.
This app is terrible. Let me start by saying I have a brand new iPhone 8 Plus just so no one can say maybe your phone is having issues. But anyways whenever you open the app and join a party and say if you try to multitask on your iPhone and go into an additional app while you’re in the party you’ll have a red Xbox bar at the top of your screen showing your still in the party but maybe after 30 seconds the app closes out and you’ll have to go back in and join the party again or say if you’re phone locks while you’re in a party after maybe 30 seconds you will be kicked out of the app and have to load it back up and try to get back in your party causing you to have to stay in the app with the app always being on your screen at all times for you to continue being in the party. This makes it to where basically you can’t use your phone for anything but the Xbox app. And I recommend keeping your phone on the charger because this app drains the life out of your phone. Microsoft or Xbox or whoever you have an addiction problem that you continue to turn a blind eye to, and wonder why PlayStation continue to beat you in sales.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 154.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.