By Microsoft Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Xbox app brings together your friends, games, and accomplishments from across your devices. Stay connected to your gaming community on the go, control your Xbox One from the app, and buy new games from the store. With your gaming life all in one place, the Xbox app keeps you connected to the games and gamers that matter most.
On the go:
• Join Xbox Live Clubs to interact with like-minded gamers
• Use Looking for Group (LFG) to find a party to play a game
• Stay connected with multi-user conversations in Group Messaging
• See what friends are up to on Xbox Live
• Share updates and game clips
• Watch and interact with game content
• Buy games from the store
With an Xbox One:
• Use the app to navigate using your device’s keyboard and touch
• Use the app as a media controller for your Xbox One (play, pause, etc)
What's New in Version 1711.1114.1819
• Bug fixes
Great but could be better
I love this app. The WiFi console remote control is awesome I just wish it was more consistent. I have troubles with the keyboard. I often use the app to type faster. The console keyboard is notoriously slow to use and the phone keyboard is so convenient but doesn’t often let you use your phone keyboard and instead you wind up swiping your phone at the console keyboard some how making it slower than using a traditional controller. Also with no “joystick” you can’t navigate using the web browser cursor or any of the like. This would easily be 5 stars if we could get a consistent keyboard and a joystick for cursors.
Update Isn't Reliable
as one of the other reviewers said last month, the mssg system is too exposed. It needs to go back to being discreet when receiving a dm from a friend. Also, I would like if the party feature would be added back to smart glass. This was convenient, being able to view what party your friend was in without having to pick up the controller every single time was time-saving. lastly the addition of seeing who was offline in a party was very helpful, it gave you a glimpse at a part of Xbox you never saw before. yes, I know it might be frustrating for others but it prevented a lot of unnecessary questions in the long run.
Essential for iOS & Xbox fans
Quickly hop between on your iOS device and control your Xbox. Super useful!
Use this app primarily as a remote, so it’s annoying to have to go through secure sign-in. A lot of ‘secure’ passwords are probably floating around in the cloud because users need that password on every iOS device connected by this app. Since you already need to be on the same WiFi network, this step seems like overkill. Technically anyone in my home can use my Xbox without signing in, so this app isn’t really providing any additional security.
Otherwise it really does work great!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 16, 2017
- Version: 1711.1114.1819
- Size: 134 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.