awake. head throbbing. vision blurry. come light the fire.
- One of Apple's most downloaded apps of 2014.
- Ranked in the top 10 games in 70 countries, #1 app overall in 7.
- From an indie game developer who loves gaming.
- No ads, no loot boxes, no IAP, no crippled game play.
- Continuity updates between A Dark Room and The Ensign.
- iPhone X support.
- Come say hello to an old friend... she's waiting for you.
Ratings and Reviews
Myself and 4 of my cousins have always been very into various types of gaming. Personally I had never experienced a game similar to this in any way. At first I was indifferent about it, It wasn’t as if I had lost interest seconds into it, but I wasn’t sure what it was all about. I took my time, I read every little message that popped up and carefully progressed through the game, soaking up every little detail. I finished the game for the 7th time earlier today and decided I would leave a review just because of how extraordinary I find this game. I want to say a huge thank you to Amir and Michael for all of the time, effort, and thought put into A Dark Room. I 10/10 recommend this game to anyone who wants to expand their gaming genre and explore a text based, time extensive game. Please take your time and try to appreciate everything about the game, and I promise you it will be worth it and you will love it.
P.S. The Ensign is also a very great game and once I have ventured farther into it and beaten it just a couple more times I will be sure to leave a review there as well.
Honestly, give it a chance
A friend of mine introduced me to the desktop version back in March of 2016. I thought it was kind of far out there and wasn’t too intrigued. After playing it for a second day, I got hooked. Ever since then I’ve been trying to play it, but I’d misplace my save file and my laptop broke. When I saw this was offered on iOS three days ago, I had no hesitation in buying it. I was so eager to play, I finished it in 3 hours. It may not seem like very long, but I knew what I was doing. It was just as frustrating when I played it the first time, but even more enjoyable. I had beaten it twice on desktop. It seems vivid and confusing, but if you notice the different nuances and patterns, it all becomes clear. You don’t get a parade upon finishing the game, it’s better, you get wisdom and insight. I plan on finishing it 3 more times this week. This game is perfect for those who want a game that allows you to explore a landscape on a limited plane, or for people who just want a game to play on the train or during a union break. I highly recommend it
Challenging but fun
To be honest I had no idea what the game was before purchasing it. I read on a list somewhere that it was a good game and decided to give it a shot. It was out of my normal scope of games but after playing for a period of time I really got into the progression of everything.
After quite a bit of progression, things just kinda stopped. I wasn’t sure how to make the next step happen or what to do. I put the game down because of frustration and went onto the next app. After about a month of not playing, I picked it up this morning figured out a few things and finished it tonight!
Point being, give the game a shot. It is different than most you will see but it turns out to be a lot of fun. After finishing, I actually was disappointed it was over. I enjoyed it so much I didn’t want it to end. I will say, that I think I could have shaved quite a bit of time off if I knew how it would end. I guess that is what a second play through is for although I’m not sure whether I will or not. Give it a shot, it’s only $.99.
- Amirali Rajan
- 27.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Amir Rajan
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.