PDF Expert by Readdle
By Readdle Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
PDF Expert 6 is an essential app for anyone who reads, highlights, signs and fills out PDFs on their iPhone and iPad. With an additional in-app purchase PDF Expert 6 acquires the unique superpower to edit existing PDF text, replace images and hide sensitive data.
“PDF Expert is one of my must-have iPad apps and a desktop-class PDF reader”. – MacStories.net
“I was blown away at how easy the app is to use”. – MakeUseOf
“The best app for managing, editing, and reading PDFs on your iPad”. – The Sweet Setup
*** WITH PDF EXPERT 6 YOU CAN ***
HIGHLIGHT AND REVIEW PDFS
• Mark important information in books, journals or documents with the first class annotation tools: highlight, underline, strikethrough and others.
• Insert predesigned stamps such as Approved, Not Approved, Confidential and more.
• Create diagrams and schemes using shapes such as arrows, circles or rectangles.
• Work with static PDF forms created in Adobe Acrobat.
• Fill out any PDF forms with interactive fields such as text fields, checkboxes and radio buttons.
• Use e-signatures to sign contracts and agreements on the go.
• Sign documents with signatures synchronized across all your devices: Mac, iPhone, iPad.
DRAW WITH YOUR FINGER OR APPLE PENCIL
• Draw with your finger or Apple Pencil to make handwritten notes or highlight text in scanned books.
• Edit outlines in a few taps to structure your data and for better navigate through the file.
PROTECT CONTENT WITH PASSWORD AND ENCRYPTION
• Restrict access to PDF Expert with a password.
• Protect your files from unauthorized reading with a password.
• Enable iOS Data Protection to encrypt everything while your iPad or iPhone is not in use.
WORK IN THE CLOUD
• Connect to other document storage providers like Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive etc. Work with files right in the storage and all edits will be saved there without downloading the document.
• Enable 2-way sync with storages to provide the continuous work with documents among all devices.
• Add comments to the texts you read using sticky notes and drawing tools.
• Make Bookmarks when it comes to intuitive navigation through PDF files.
READ PDFs WITH EASE
• Quickly open PDF documents from email, the web, or any app that supports “Open In…”
• Enable full text search, scroll, zoom in and out.
• Choose Single Page or Continuous scroll mode.
• Use Text to Speech feature to hear the selected text read out loud.
*** WITH PRO FEATURES OF IN-APP PURCHASE YOU CAN***
With additional in-app purchase you can have the unique superpower that allows you to edit PDFs. New features come as an additional in-app purchase for pros.
EDIT PDF TEXT
• Edit or modify existing text. The font, size, and opacity of the original text are automatically detected, so you can make edits easily.
EDIT PDF IMAGES
• Easily add, replace and resize images in your PDFs. Or change a logo or a graph. PDF Expert will handle those edits easily.
• Now linking any part of the text to a different page or even a website is fast. Moreover, links can be added to the images.
REDACT SENSITIVE DATA
• Using the Redact feature you can permanently erase or hide any sensitive information in your PDFs.
PDF Expert is also available in the Mac App Store. It has been voted “App of the Year Runner-up” by Apple.
What's New in Version 6.1.2
Our team is working hard to make PDF Expert better for you. In this update you'll find:
General performance and stability improvements.
Just what I needed!
Needed a way to take notes in a PDF book, so decided to give it a try. Turned it was excellent for my needs, allowing me to take notes in margins.
Thought I would use highlighting feature more, but but found getting placement of highlights centered just over proper words difficult.
But making notes in book was perfect, especially the ability to make the font red, it made it easy to see. Changing the font size made it easy to use a 12 but in areas where had more information to write could make font smaller 10,8 etc. to make it fits in desired area you needed it.
Took my notes on IPad mini
Greedy greedy Readdle
I purchased the original PDF Expert. When iOS 11 came out, all of a sudden without warning I got the message that PDF Expert “needs to be updated”. So I bit the bullet and spent the whopping 9.99 to purchase it again. I’m used to editing text with PDF apps but I quickly discovered I couldn’t do it with PDF Expert so I agreed to the in app purchase. There are very few apps in the App Store that sell for TWENTY DOLLARS so I thought it was an error until I saw the 2 charges.
So now I paid for the original app (don’t remember how much) and then 9.99 for the same app just so I could use it with iOS 11, and then another 9.99 to make the app usable.
As to its features, I like that I can edit text but overall it’s worth $9.99, not double that.
Some things could be better
I like PDF Expect, but there are some things that need improving.
When sending a PDF via email it slows my iPad Pro immensely. It does the same thing on my iPhone. The entire PDF is placed in the email instead of as an attachment. I can type and the letters take 5+ seconds to appear.
Another thing, but minor, is the ‘edit’ selection should not be available unless you purchase it. It gets confusing when I want to add some text or marks. Again, minor.
It has gotten faster, but still takes time to load the files, especially layered.
If that first point is corrected I would definitely use it more often.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 05, 2017
- Version: 6.1.2
- Size: 137 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Readdle Inc.
- © 2013-2016 Readdle Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Also Included In
Top In-App Purchases
- Professional PDF Editor$9.99