The best way to manage photos on your phone and iPad.
You have thousands, tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of photos. They are spread across your phone, Flickr, Instagram, Dropbox, and who knows where else. PhotoPanes lets you sort through your memories to find the ones that you want no matter where they are. PhotoPanes simplifies viewing, organizing, sharing and managing your pictures in a simple, intuitive interface that puts all of the information at your fingertips.
• Browse beautiful, full-screen views of your photos and the albums you create.
• Support for detailed EXIF and geo-location information
• Instagram integration allows you to quickly view and save your most popular photos
• Flickr support for one of the most popular photo platforms on the planet
• Full Dropbox integration to let you view, import and manage photos from your Dropbox account.
• An intuitive search and filter interface to quickly find the images that matter.
• See where and when your photos were taken, as well as what camera and settings you used.
• Support for animated GIFs.
• Share your photos via email, Facebook, Twitter, and more services.
• Full portrait and landscape support on both iPhone and iPad
• Native iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ resolution support.
- Fixed bug with animated GIFs affecting local images
- Palindromized the version number
Ratings and Reviews
EXIF Overlay on Dropbox photos
This is one of the only apps I've found that will let you browse Dropbox folders full of photos and overlay EXIF data actually on the photo so you don't have to click to a separate screen to view f/stop, shutter speed, focal length, and ISO.
I like this app a lot, but lost it in the haze a while back; came back and was excited to integrate my services, but the Instagram verification is broken, and the app is over a year behind in updates- not iOS 11 optimized or iPhone X compatible. I truly hope this is not abandonware...
A Start, But Significant Problems
This app looks good but had some serious issues that mean it doesn't come close to replacing the built-in Photos app. It doesn't appear to have any support for Photo Stream, so you can't view photos in your own shared streams, can't view streams others have shared with you, and can't upload photos to a stream.
If you sync photos with Aperture or iPhoto on a Mac, you can't access the Events and Faces through this app.
There's no way to get a breakdown by date or location, so finding photos can be difficult in large albums. You can't make the thumbnails larger or smaller.
There are also a lot of bugs, like crashes and the inability to scroll to the bottom of some photos once you've zoomed in on it, but I'm sure they will be fixed in time.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.