Notes, Notepad & Memo - UpWord
By Lau Brothers LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Organize your life with notes + lists + reminders.
**SPECIAL** Install now for 6 free fonts & themes!
⁕ Apple - Best New App
⁕ MacLife - "Stunning. Raises the bar for all others in its class."
⁕ CNET - "I can tell that the developers put extra thought into UpWord Notes."
It's how notes on iOS should work. A unique swipe-gesture manages task lists and adds formatting in a snap. One-tap reminders ensure that you revisit a note later. Folders & favorites keep you organized, while Dropbox syncs notes between devices.
Once you see how productive your everyday notes can be, you'll wonder how you lived without UpWord!
• Swipe List: efficiently create lists, cross off as done, and highlight as important, all with a swipe
• One-Tap Reminders: faster than ever to save a note or task for later, includes repeating reminders
• Repeating reminders*
• Organize with folders & shortcuts*
• Sync notes across devices with Dropbox
• Optimized for iPhone AND iPad (universal)
• Save to Evernote
• Multi-level undo & redo
• Multiple font sizes
• Cloud backup, version control, and retrieve deleted notes via Dropbox sync (all free)
• Opens straight to a new note to capture ideas faster (turn on in "Settings")
• TextExpander support
• Markdown preview mode
• Full-text search (titles & note contents)
• Word count
• Export to pdf, email, text, or even facebook/twitter
• Landscape typing
• Full suite of x-url-callback actions
• Night mode, for typing in the dark
• Link mode makes phone #'s and website url's tappable
• Sort files by chronological or alphabetical order
• Archive keeps your workspace clean without permanently deleting
• TaskPaper features like @done, tab swipes, and .taskpaper extensions
** For the tech-savvy who were wondering, UpWord uses UTF-8 encoded plain-text with Unix style line breaks. Our plain-text files will work with any modern text editor, so there's no format lock-in.
* In-app purchases: Almost all of UpWord is available without charge (free!). The following features are unlocked via IAP: bonus themes/fonts/sounds, repeating reminders, shortcuts, syncing shortcuts & reminders, passcode lock
What's New in Version 2.12.3
***YOU MUST UPDATE IF YOU ARE A DROPBOX USER!***
Tomorrow, the old version of the app (pre-v2.12) will continue to work, but will not be syncing to Dropbox. You must update to this version for Dropbox sync to continue working. This is happening because Dropbox is stopping support of a key technology.
Bug fixes and speed improvements.
New Dropbox sync implementation using Dropbox API v2.
Happy organizing =)
Best MEMO type note out there
I have been using MEMOS for years until upgraded to IOS 11. The MEMOS is no longer working due to incompatible with IOS11.. the blue marble company is kind of out of business. I was stuck and looking for a replacement. After going through and trail out a number of note type Apps, I landed on this one. It gives my flexibility to creat folders and subfolders as I want, exactly what I wanted and full functioning like MEMOS. I know there are quit a number of MEMOS users out there. I can tell them this is a good replacement for it. Not only that, this App UpWord , gives me more options of colors and share among other device and said editable by computer.
The only it lacks is the ability to save all the note locally on the phone. This is why 4 stars. It currently depends on Dropbox to save all the files. It is sometimes inconvenient and has safety concerns for any sensitive infos. I suggest to the company to develop the upgraded version that have option to save all note locally in the phone. I will be more than happy to pay for such an upgrade.
Now that I got it to sync.....
I like it..and have used it for quite awhile, but I am disappointed with their customer support. I have written to them twice in the past few months and have not received an answer. I paid for the premium edition and while the data syncs between my iPad and iPhone, the iPad edition is the basic one. I have deleted it and re-installed it, synced it through Dropbox, etc but couldn't make it work and they did not respond to my request.
I wrote this review months ago and I still have the same experience. My ipad still is not on the premium edition and the designers have never answered my emails. I still use it. It’s OK but Not great.
Best note taking app that I've found!
Upward is also the only note-taking app I use. My favorite thing about it is that you can group notes into folders by category or subject, etc. What I use it the most for is lists, like for shopping, to-do, etc. I like that you can line-through and cross things off the list as you complete them.
I've always had an issue using the swiping method to change formatting, but that's just kind of my own issue. I'm OK at it until I think about it before hand, lol! Thanks for your great work guys!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 28, 2017
- Version: 2.12.3
- Size: 53.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Italian
- Seller: Lau Brothers LLC
- © 2016 Lau Brothers LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Go Premium$4.99
- Loyalty Reward 8Free
- Loyalty Reward 9Free
- Loyalty Reward 6Free
- Loyalty Reward 7Free
- Loyalty Reward 4Free
- Loyalty Reward 10Free
- Loyalty Reward 1Free
- Loyalty Reward 2Free
- Loyalty Reward 3Free