The Pit Pal BBQ App
By Brian Munter
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As seen in USA Today and on WGN News!
"One of the 10 best apps for Dad" - USA Today
"Top Apps for the perfect Memorial Day BBQ" - WGN News
"Top 7 most popular BBQ apps for iOS" - BBQ Tool Belt
"5 Apps to Make You a BBQ Master" - NextWorth.com
The Pit Pal is an all-inclusive BBQ app for your mobile device and is now available for iOS devices! It was built with the end goal of being able to help produce more consistent BBQ for backyard cooks, competitors, as well as caterers and restaurateurs.
The Pit Pal BBQ app enables more consistent BBQ through the use of historical tracking of cooks taking into account common BBQ variables such as the temperature and duration of the cook, or the sauce/rub combination, or even the type of wood used or the weather at the time of the cook. Tracking these variables allows the pit master to look back at previous cooks and continue to cook and tweak variables until the perfect combination is hit. And then have the data to replicate that combination at any time.
This is a technique that teams on the BBQ competition circuit have been using for years only with a pen & paper or manual spreadsheets. The intent of The Pit Pal is to take this technique, leverage technology to improve on it, and help people with a passion for BBQ produce great food.
• Easy to use interface for entering your cook and food details.
• Quick notes for one-click entry of common events such as mopping, adding coal, adding wood, saucing, foiling, etc. (just tap the image on the cook screen)
• Ability to track history for multiple foods during a cook.
• Save photos to cooks and attach automatically to cook history for easy reference.
• Add temperatures for your cook and track via easy to read charts and graphs. (requires Pit Pal Pro add-on)
• Cook & food notifications for time & temperature.
• Ability to add detailed notes to your cook stored in a cook archive.
* Direct integration with the BBQ Guru CyberQ WIFI and Stoker WIFI *
• View your smoker and food temperatures real time direct from you iOS device.
• Temperature notifications letting you know if your temps have exceeded a threshold.
• Track and graph your temperatures to see exactly what is happening on your cook.
• Ability to track and alert temperature even while your device is asleep! (Requires Pit Pal Pro add-on)
• Direct access to the CyberQ & Stoker web console from the app.
What's New in Version 1.7
- BBQ Guru CyberQ users are now able to see the fan output percentage
- Other various fixes
It does almost everything you need,
I like it. It s fairly easy to set up and it has a good interface.
Very nice to have the notes from previous cooks etc.
YES! I would pay $2 again
Things I would like to be added on future updates?
I wish Alerts needed to be acknowledged and louder!
I think I would sleep through the 3AM one/quick alert.
(like an alarm clock)
I would like text and or phone call alerts.
If You Use A BBQ GURU, This Is Mandatory
Wow! The ease of setting up and monitoring long cooks & smokes while using your BBQ GURU with this app is incredible. This app allows you to easily use all of the functions of your BBQ GURU such as keeping the temperature constant and monitoring all three meat probes. You can change any of the settings on the fly and it gives you a great red out of the temperature curves of all four data sets throughout the cook. I have a 22 inch Weber SMC and the latest BBQ GURU that I use this with. The only thing that keeps me from giving it a full on Five Star Rating is because I still cannot enable a Cloud Server and thus review all of my cooks from multiple devices. I use my iPhone and it saves them all on that device. This very well maybe my issue and not the apps, however. But if it is my issue it should be an easy resolution that I can't figure out...
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jan 27, 2017
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 14.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Brian Munter
- © 2017 BDM Technology Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pit Pal Pro Add-On$1.99