Swarm is the best way to keep track of the places you go. From the new café downtown to that killer ramen spot in Tokyo, you’ll never ask “what was the name of that place?” again. Whether you love to be a local, or are trying to travel the globe, check in so you can remember everywhere with Swarm.
• This is lifelogging made easy. Each time you check in we’ll add a pin your personal map so you can look back on the places you visit. Help out your future self by adding a photo or a note to your check-ins to make the memories all the better.
• Indian Restaurant? Check. Karaoke bar? Check. Haven’t been to an Art Museum yet? Now’s your chance to go somewhere new! Explore more and collect different types of places. You’ll earn fun Stickers along the way.
• Whether it’s your 10th week in a row at the gym, first time to Canada, or the 25th time you’ve gotten ice cream with your BFF, the more you check in, the more helpful insights you’ll get about your habits and explorations.
*A note on battery. We’ve spent *years* developing the location technology that powers Foursquare Swarm, making it extremely power efficient. But, as with all apps of this type, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Hey Swarm users, we’re buzzin’ about some exciting updates to share with you today - say hello to Swarm 6.0!
Here’s a look at what’s new:
## All-new Check-in and Place Pages
We’ve updated check-in pages to showcase more info about you and your friends’ check-in. That means a better experience for browsing and uploading photos and an easier way to learn about all those rad places your friends are checking into.
We’ve revamped the place pages in Swarm to include helpful info like photos, tips and ratings from your buddies, top things to try, and a whole lot more…
## Saved Places
So that restaurant your friend checked into looks reallll good. If only you could save it to remember to go later...oh wait...NOW YOU CAN.
- Save any place you want to go from our all-new place pages
- Browse your saved places directly from the re-built Swarm map
- Check out your friends’ saved places on their profiles
- Best of all, your saved places are kept in sync with Foursquare City Guide
## Ratings and Tips
Alright, that burrito place you just tried was TOO good. You’ve gotta tell everyone about it.
So we’ve made it really quick and easy to rate a place you’ve been and leave a tip for your buddies - right from your check-in. It’s a helpful reminder for you and inspires your friends to discover the best places you go. Win. Win.
As always, thank you for using Swarm! We’re genuinely inspired by our passionate users who continue to explore the world around them and check in on Swarm.
We hope you love these updates as much as we do!
Ratings and Reviews
Couldn’t live without it
I’ve always had a fascination with maps. When I was in school I would look at them and wonder what different parts the world looked like. I always wondered what Aberdeen in Scotland was like. San Francisco in California. And Cape Town in South Africa. I would close my eyes and imagine how people dressed, what they ate, how they spoke. That 10 year old me would have been so excited to know that one day he would have a map that showed him anything he wanted to see and remember everywhere he’d been. I’m deeply grateful for this wonderful experience that you guys have built with so much love and care. You may not have a billion users but there are millions of us who love and adore what you do. Thank you.
Track your travels around the world
I’ve been tracking with Swarm since 2011. I use this app daily. My husband and I travel a lot and it’s hard to remember, let’s say, every brewery or coffee shop you’ve ever been too. Inevitably at some point someone will say hey what’s that coffee shop we were at 6 years ago in Texas.. I know bc of Swarm. Also I can see my daily activity at a glance. This makes it easier when I’m like.. was that 2 days ago or a week ago that I went to the diner for breakfast? The map function is awesome. I can see all of the places I haven’t visited yet at a glance... looks like I need to explore the Dakotas :)
Great for building community!
I LOVE Swarm! This app is not just about checking into places but connecting with people! Of course, I’m a sucker for gamification & love gaining mayorships, but even more I love seeing where my friends are in the world! How awesome to keep up with your communities in a simplified & specific app like Swarm!
If you’re an intentional community builder, you’ll love this. If you travel often, download this & immediately see what your friends are doing when you arrive. Community is what makes anything & everything last. Swarm is the perfect place to help build community everywhere you are in the world!
- Foursquare Labs, Inc.
- 152.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © foursquare
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.