Foursquare Swarm: Check-in App
By Foursquare Labs, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Swarm is the best way to keep track of the places you go. From the new café downtown to that killer ramen spot in Tokyo, you’ll never ask “what was the name of that place?” again. Whether you love to be a local, or are trying to travel the globe, check in so you can remember everywhere with Swarm.
• This is lifelogging made easy. Each time you check in we’ll add a pin your personal map so you can look back on the places you visit. Help out your future self by adding a photo or a note to your check-ins to make the memories all the better.
• Indian Restaurant? Check. Karaoke bar? Check. Haven’t been to an Art Museum yet? Now’s your chance to go somewhere new! Explore more and collect different types of places. You’ll earn fun Stickers along the way.
• Whether it’s your 10th week in a row at the gym, first time to Canada, or the 25th time you’ve gotten ice cream with your BFF, the more you check in, the more helpful insights you’ll get about your habits and explorations.
*A note on battery. We’ve spent *years* developing the location technology that powers Foursquare Swarm, making it extremely power efficient. But, as with all apps of this type, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.1.2
New software, who dis? We've updated a few things for iOS 11, much like many of your other favorite apps.
We also killed some pesky bugs that were causing some problems with messaging. Message away, everybody!
Great app, awesome user experience
Swarm has provided a great experience to share and view location information about where I’ve been and where my friends are.
Continues to improve, so definitely recommend this app to anyone looking for a location sharing service for family/ friends.
I can understand once. I might can even understand once with every app version update. But the repeated nags to turn on location services to “always” earns a single star rating.
I already decided I only want location services active while using the app. Stop repeatedly asking me to turn it to “always.”
It’s an immature tactic to combat the change in iOS 11 that lets users select “while using“ for any application, and I am debating filing a report for the practice.
I like it. I mean; I can't WAIT for an ad-free version. 😑 I'd GLADLY pay $0.99 for Swarm if it means I no longer get slapped with ads right after I check in. It's so painfully obnoxious to (literally) continue to see the EXACT SAME ad continuously for three plus months in a row.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Oct 12, 2017
- Version: 5.1.2
- Size: 97.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish
- Seller: Foursquare Labs, Inc.
- © foursquare
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.